Xavier History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Portuguese surname Xavier is of patronymic origin, derived from the personal name of the father of the original bearer. In this instance, the surname derives from the name Xavier.The name Xavier spread because of devotion to Saint Francis Xavier (1506-1552), the Spanish missionary who, together, with Ignatius of Loyola, founded the Society of Jesus in 1534.
Early Origins of the Xavier family
The surname Xavier was first found in the coastal region of Portuga, where the family had been well established for centuries.
Important Dates for the Xavier family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Xavier research. Another 115 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1866, 1895, 1780, 1505 and 1552 are included under the topic Early Xavier History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Xavier Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Xavier, Javier, Xaviere, and Xaviers and others.
Early Notables of the Xavier family (pre 1700)
Another 31 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Xavier Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Xavier migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Xavier Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Xavier Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Francesca Xavier who arrived in New Orleans in 1779
Xavier Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Francis Xavier who settled in Charleston in 1827 at the age of 23
- A. Xavier, aged 52, who settled in America, in 1894
- Armbruster Xavier, aged 29, who landed in America, in 1894
- Buck Xavier, aged 63, who immigrated to the United States, in 1895
Xavier Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Francisco Xavier, aged 23, who immigrated to the United States from Angra, Portugal, in 1909
- Ana da Xavier, aged 30, who immigrated to the United States, in 1910
- Adelino Xavier, aged 21, who immigrated to the United States from Villa Real, Portugal, in 1913
- Alzira Yesus Xavier, aged 18, who settled in America from Madeira, Portugal, in 1913
- Antonio Xavier, aged 22, who landed in America from Chaves, Portugal, in 1917
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Xavier (post 1700)
- Nelson Xavier (1941-2017), Brazilian actor who appeared in more than 95 films and television shows between 1959 and 2017
- Cleiton Ribeiro Xavier (b. 1983), Brazilian footballer
- Babi Xavier (b. 1974), Brazilian actress, singer and television host
- Anderson Conceição Xavier (b. 1980), Brazilian footballer
- Faisal Xavier (b. 1972), former Portuguese professional footballer
- Ross Xavier Vasta (b. 1966), Australian politician, Member of the Australian Parliament for Bonner (2010-)
- Francis Xavier Atencio (1919-2017), American animator and Imagineer for The Walt Disney Company, named a Disney Legend in 1996
- François Xavier Brasseur (1865-1912), Luxembourgian politician and jurist
- Francis Xavier DiLorenzo (1942-2017), American prelate of the Roman Catholic Church, Bishop of Honolulu (1994-2004) and Richmond (2004-2017)
- Kevin Xavier Punter Jr. (b. 1993), American professional basketball player for Antwerp Giants
You May Also Like