Wesemann Surname History
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Wesemann family
The surname Wesemann was first found in Bavaria, where the family name was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
Early History of the Wesemann family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Wesemann research. Another 99 words (7 lines of text) covering the year 1615 is included under the topic Early Wesemann History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Wesemann Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Weisemantel, Weismann, Weisman, Weissmann, Weissman, Wesemann, Weseman, van Wesemael, Weissmantel, Weissemantel, Weismantel, Wiseman, Wisemann, Weissman and many more.
Early Notables of the Wesemann family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Wesemann Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Wesemann migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Wesemann Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johann Wesemann, who arrived in America in 1778 
Wesemann Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Henir Wesemann, who landed in New Jersey in 1854 
Historic Events for the Wesemann family +
- Leo Wesemann (1922-1941), German Matrosengefreiter who served aboard the German Battleship Bismarck during World War II when it was sunk heading to France; he died in the sinking 
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ Bismarck & Tirpitz Class - Crew List Bismarck. (Retrieved 2018, February 06). Retrieved from https://www.bismarck-class.dk/bismarck/crew/bismarck_crew.html#crew_details