Wassel Surname History
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Wassel family
The surname Wassel was first found in East Prussia, where the name Wessel came from humble beginnings but gained a significant reputation for its contribution to the emerging mediaeval society. It later became more prominent as numerous branches of the same house acquired distant estates, some of which were located in other countries. Through the acquisition of these estates as well as their important contributions to society, the family successfully elevated their social status.
Early History of the Wassel family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Wassel research. Another 114 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1420, 1489, 1720, and 1767 are included under the topic Early Wassel History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Wassel Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Wessel, Wessels, Wessell, Wessells, Wesel, Wesels, Wesseles, Wesells, Weesel, Weessel, Wassell, Wassail, Wessail, Wassel and many more.
Early Notables of the Wassel family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Wassel Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Wassel migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Wassel Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Augusta Wassel, aged 28, who landed in America, in 1895
Wassel Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Enoch G. Wassel, aged 48, who immigrated to the United States from Tipton, in 1906
- Edward George Wassel, aged 25, who landed in America from London, England, in 1907
- Heinrich Wassel, aged 26, who landed in America from Gelsenkirchen, Germany, in 1909
- Mrs Eugene Wassel, aged 31, who settled in America, in 1911
- Charles Wassel, aged 56, who immigrated to America, in 1920
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Wassel (post 1700) +
- Jawed Wassel (1959-2001), Afghan-born, American film director, best known for his film FireDancer, which was the first Afghan film to be submitted for an Academy Award
- Major General Abdul Munim Wassel, Commander of the Egyptian third army during the Yom Kippur War
Related Stories +