on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Vida family come from? When did the Vida family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Vida family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Vidaurri, Vidaure, Vidore, Vidi, Vido, Vida, Vitellaro, Vidolo, Vidulli, Vidotti, Vitamore, Fidaurri, Fidore and many more.
First found in Catalonia, in northeastern Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Vida research. Another 464 words(33 lines of text) covering the years 1469, 1568, 1586, 1597, and 1821 are included under the topic Early Vida History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Vida Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Vida Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- M Vida, aged 42, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1855
- Fernando Vida who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1870
- Fernando Vida, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1870
- Juan Vida, who landed in New Granada in 1876
- Marco Girolamo Vida (1480-1566), Latin poet
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Atienza, Julio De Atienza. Español: Diccionario Heraldico De Apellidos Españoles Y De Titulos Nobiliarios. Madrid: Aguilar, 1959. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Caballeros de La Orden de Santiago Siglo XVIII. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1996. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
This page was last modified on 23 September 2010 at 15:40.
on orders of $85 or more