on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Vida family come from? When did the Vida family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Vida family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Vidaurri, Vidaure, Vidore, Vidi, Vido, Vida, Vitellaro, Vidolo, Vidulli, Vidotti, Vitamore, Fidaurri, Fidore and many more.
First found in Catalonia, in northeastern Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Vida research. Another 464 words(33 lines of text) covering the years 1469, 1568, 1586, 1597, and 1821 are included under the topic Early Vida History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Vida Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Vida Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- M Vida, aged 42, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1855
- Fernando Vida who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1870
- Fernando Vida, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1870
- Juan Vida, who landed in New Granada in 1876
- Marco Girolamo Vida (1480-1566), Latin poet
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-209).
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Caballeros de La Orden de Santiago Siglo XVIII. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1996. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Heraldic Patronimica Española Y Sus Patronimicos Compuestos. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1976. Print.
- García Carraffa, Alberto and Arturo. Diccionario Heráldico y Genealógico de Apellidos Españoles y Americanos 88 Volumes. Madrid: A. Marzo. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
This page was last modified on 23 September 2010 at 15:40.
on orders of $85 or more