on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Vida family come from? When did the Vida family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Vida family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Vidaurri, Vidaure, Vidore, Vidi, Vido, Vida, Vitellaro, Vidolo, Vidulli, Vidotti, Vitamore, Fidaurri, Fidore and many more.
First found in Catalonia, in northeastern Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Vida research. Another 464 words(33 lines of text) covering the years 1469, 1568, 1586, 1597, and 1821 are included under the topic Early Vida History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Vida Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Vida Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- M Vida, aged 42, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1855
- Fernando Vida who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1870
- Fernando Vida, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1870
- Juan Vida, who landed in New Granada in 1876
- Marco Girolamo Vida (1480-1566), Latin poet
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-209).
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Heraldic Patronimica Española Y Sus Patronimicos Compuestos. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1976. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
This page was last modified on 23 September 2010 at 15:40.
on orders of $85 or more