on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: German, Swiss
Where did the Swiss Ulrich family come from? What is the Swiss Ulrich family crest and coat of arms? When did the Ulrich family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Ulrich family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Ulrich, Ulrichs, Ullrich, Ulrick, Ulrik, Ullrik, Ullrick, Urich and many more.
First found in Bavaria, in the city of Nuremburg, where the name was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power. The name as a first name was associated with many notable figures of the mediaeval period, such as St. Ulrich, bishop of Augsburg, or Ulrich von Lichtenstein (1200-1276,) poet of courtly behavior. By the 14th century the name was firmly grounded as a prominent surname.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Ulrich research. Another 208 words(15 lines of text) covering the years 1612, 1623, and 1701 are included under the topic Early Ulrich History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 49 words(4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Ulrich Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Ulrich Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Elias and Cristof Ulrich, who emigrated with their families to America in 1709
- Johann Elias Ulrich, who landed in New York, NY in 1710
- Philip Ulrich, who arrived in Philadelphia in 1732
- Hans Michael Ulrich, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1737
- Adam Ulrich, aged 24, arrived in Pennsylvania in 1738
Ulrich Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Dorothea Ulrich, who landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1803
- August L Ulrich, who landed in New York in 1820
- Ignacio Ulrich, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1840
- Catherina Ulrich, who arrived in Galveston, Tex in 1845
- Christina Ulrich, who came to Texas in 1846
- Admiral Henry G. "Harry" Ulrich, American Commander, U.S. Naval Forces Europe and Commander, Allied Joint Force Command Naples the from May 23, 2005 to November 30, 2007
- Brian Ray "Skeet" Ulrich (b. 1970), American actor
- Lars Ulrich (b. 1963), Danish-American drummer, one of the founding members of the band Metallica
- Sheri Ulrich (b. 1951), Canadian popular Canadian musician and singer
- Franz Heinrich Ulrich (b. 1910), German prominent business executive, who was the Chairman of the Deutsche Bank
- Torben Ulrich (b. 1928), Danish writer, musician, filmmaker, and former tennis pro
- Martin Ulrich (b. 1969), retired Austrian ice hockey defenceman, former captain of the Austrian national ice hockey team
- Uhrich, A History and Genealogy by Thomas Vincent Uhrich.
- The Family History of Frederich H. Ulrich by Esther Urich Bender.
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
- Hanks, Hodges, Mills and Room. The Oxford Names Companion. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-19-860561-7).
- Lennard, Reginald. Rural England 1086-1135 A Study of Social and Agrarian Conditions. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1959. Print.
- Sanders, Joanne McRee Edition. English Settlers in Barbados 1637-1800. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Crispin, M. Jackson and Leonce Mary. Falaise Roll Recording Prominent Companions of William Duke of Normandy at the Conquest of England. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin, Eds. Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Papworth, J.W and A.W Morant. Ordinary of British Armorials. London: T.Richards, 1874. Print.
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
- Bullock, L.G. Historical Map of England and Wales. Edinburgh: Bartholomew and Son, 1971. Print.
- Hinde, Thomas Ed. The Domesday Book England's Heritage Then and Now. Surrey: Colour Library Books, 1995. Print. (ISBN 1-85833-440-3).
The Ulrich Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Ulrich Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 16 March 2010 at 08:15.
on orders of $85 or more