on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Trinidad family come from? What is the Spanish Trinidad family crest and coat of arms? When did the Trinidad family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Trinidad family history?The distinguished Spanish surname Trinidad is derived from the Spanish term for trinity, which further derives from the Latin "trinitas." The surname Trinidad thus means "son or descendant of Trinidad," a name which is rooted in Christian tradition.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Trinidade, Triniti and others.
First found in various kingdoms within Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Trinidad research. Another 290 words(21 lines of text) covering the years 1594 and 1649 are included under the topic Early Trinidad History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Trinidad Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Ana de la Trinidad who immigrated to Cuba in 1561
- Francisco DeLa Trinidad who arrived in Honduras in 1577
- Mariana de la Trinidad who came to New Spain in 1590
Trinidad Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Emilio Trinidad who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1860
- Emilio Trinidad, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1860
- Jose Trinidad, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1860
- Thea Trinidad (b. 1990), American professional wrestler
- David Trinidad (b. 1953), American poet
- Milagros Laurel Trinidad (b. 1941), Congresswoman in the Philippines
- Félix "Tito" Trinidad Jr. (b. 1973), Puerto Rican boxer
- Angel Borja Trinidad (b. 1958), Physician in the Philippines
- Adrian Trinidad (b. 1982), Argentine football midfielder
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Domínguez, C. Hispano de Apellidos y Blasones. 4 Vols. 2001. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Atienza, Julio De Atienza. Español: Diccionario Heraldico De Apellidos Españoles Y De Titulos Nobiliarios. Madrid: Aguilar, 1959. Print.
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Caballeros de La Orden de Santiago Siglo XVIII. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1996. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- García Carraffa, Alberto and Arturo. Diccionario Heráldico y Genealógico de Apellidos Españoles y Americanos 88 Volumes. Madrid: A. Marzo. Print.
- Chronological list of passengers to Spanish America (including Florida and Louisiana, 1538-1559). From documents in the "Indian Archives". Sevilla. Print.
The Trinidad Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Trinidad Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 16 August 2013 at 11:08.
on orders of $85 or more