on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Trejo family come from? When did the Trejo family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Trejo family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Trejo, de Trejo and others.
First found in the region of Extremadura, on the Spanish border with Portugal.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Trejo research. Another 123 words(9 lines of text) covering the years 179 and 1793 are included under the topic Early Trejo History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 29 words(2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Trejo Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Hernando de Trejo and Juan de Trejo who arrived in Spanish America in 1513
- Rafael de Trejo arrived in America in 1514
- Beatriz de Trejo and her sister Catalina settled in New Spain and Gonzalo de Trejo arrived in Colombia in 1561
- Diego Lorenzo de Trejo brought his family to New Spain in 1577
- Francisco de Trejo arrived in Peru in 1582
Trejo Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Hernando De Trejo, who landed in America in 1813
- Juan De Trejo, who arrived in America in 1813
- Rafael De Trejo, who landed in America in 1814
- Cristobal De Trejo, who arrived in America in 1828
- Danny Trejo (b. 1944), American character actor
- Stephen Trejo (b. 1977), American former NFL running back/fullback for the Detroit Lions
- Mario Trejo (b. 1926), Argentine poet, playwright, screenwriter, and journalist
- Oscar Guido Trejo (b. 1988), Argentine footballer
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-209).
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
This page was last modified on 2 December 2014 at 18:55.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
on orders of $85 or more