100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Spelling variations of this family name include: Tannenberg, Tannenburg, Tanenberg, Tanenburg, Tannberg, Tannburg, Tannenberger, Tannenburger, Tanenberger, Tanenburger, Tanneberg, Tanneburg, Tanneberger, Tanneburger, Tannerberg, Tannerburg, Tannerberger, Tannerburger and many more.
First found in Swabia, where the name was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Tannenbaum research. Another 281 words (20 lines of text) covering the years 1124, 1433, 1473, 1495, 1530, 1692, 1729, 1737, and 1810 are included under the topic Early Tannenbaum History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 44 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Tannenbaum Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Tannenbaum Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Isaac Tannenbaum, aged 22, arrived in New York, NY in 1848
- Jacob Tannenbaum, aged 32, landed in Mobile, Ala in 1872
- Benjamin Tannenbaum, who landed in Mississippi in 1887
- Biene Tannenbaum, aged 7, who settled in America, in 1893
- Basche Tannenbaum, aged 59, who landed in America, in 1896
Tannenbaum Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Brendel Tannenbaum, aged 8, who landed in America from Warschau, Russia, in 1908
- David Tannenbaum, aged 41, who emigrated to the United States from Ostrowice, Russia, in 1909
- Charle Tannenbaum, aged 15, who settled in America from Gologory, Austria, in 1910
- Abraham Tannenbaum, aged 18, who landed in America from Dziedzslow, Austria, in 1910
- Anna Tannenbaum, aged 26, who landed in America, in 1913
- Sid Tannenbaum (1925-1986), American basketball player, two-time Haggerty Award winner
- Mike Tannenbaum (b. 1969), American football executive, general manager of the New York Jets (2006-)
- Judith Tannenbaum (b. 1947), American teaching artist and writer
- Frank Tannenbaum (1893-1969), Austrian-born, American sociologist
- Joseph Tannenbaum, American Republican politician, Candidate for New York State Assembly, 1942, 1944, 1946
- Edward Tannenbaum, American Republican politician, Candidate for New York State Senate 12th District, 1912
- David Tannenbaum, American Republican politician, Mayor of Beverly Hills, California, 1953, 1957; Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from California, 1956
- Samuel Aaron Tannenbaum (1874-1948), Hungarian literary scholar, bibliographer, and palaeographer
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Bahlow, Hans and Edda Gentry. Translation Dictionary of German Names 2nd Edition. Madison: University of Wisconsin, 2002. Print.
- Karlsruhe. Badisches Generallandesarchiv Baden Emigration lists 1866-1911. Salt Lake City: Microfilm of Card Index by the Genealogical Society of Utah. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Preuss, Otto. Die Lippischen Familiennamen mit Berücksichtigung der Ortsnamen. Detmold: Meyer'sche Hofbuchh, 1887. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Abhandlungen zur Namenforschung und Buchgeschichte. 1980. Print. (ISBN 978-3768690522).
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Jones, George F. The Germans of Colonial Georgia 1733-1783 Revised edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0806311614).
- Hildenbrand, A.M. Wappenfibel. Handbuch der Heraldik. Neustadt an der Aisch: 1970. Print.
The Tannenbaum Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Tannenbaum Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 20 October 2015 at 10:32.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!