on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Tannenbaum family come from? What is the German Tannenbaum family crest and coat of arms? When did the Tannenbaum family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Tannenbaum family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Tannenberg, Tannenburg, Tanenberg, Tanenburg, Tannberg, Tannburg, Tannenberger, Tannenburger, Tanenberger, Tanenburger, Tanneberg, Tanneburg, Tanneberger, Tanneburger, Tannerberg, Tannerburg, Tannerberger, Tannerburger and many more.
First found in Swabia, where the name was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Tannenbaum research. Another 281 words(20 lines of text) covering the years 1124, 1433, 1473, 1495, 1530, 1692, 1729, 1737, and 1810 are included under the topic Early Tannenbaum History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 44 words(3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Tannenbaum Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Tannenbaum Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Isaac Tannenbaum, aged 22, arrived in New York, NY in 1848
- Jacob Tannenbaum, aged 32, landed in Mobile, Ala in 1872
- Benjamin Tannenbaum, who landed in Mississippi in 1887
- Biene Tannenbaum, aged 7, who settled in America, in 1893
- Basche Tannenbaum, aged 59, who landed in America, in 1896
Tannenbaum Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Brendel Tannenbaum, aged 8, who landed in America from Warschau, Russia, in 1908
- David Tannenbaum, aged 41, who emigrated to the United States from Ostrowice, Russia, in 1909
- Charle Tannenbaum, aged 15, who settled in America from Gologory, Austria, in 1910
- Abraham Tannenbaum, aged 18, who landed in America from Dziedzslow, Austria, in 1910
- Anna Tannenbaum, aged 26, who landed in America, in 1913
- Frank Tannenbaum (1893-1969), Austrian-born, American sociologist
- Judith Tannenbaum (b. 1947), American teaching artist and writer
- Mike Tannenbaum (b. 1969), American football executive, general manager of the New York Jets (2006-)
- Sid Tannenbaum (1925-1986), American basketball player, two-time Haggerty Award winner
- Samuel Aaron Tannenbaum (1874-1948), Hungarian literary scholar, bibliographer, and palaeographer
- Garland, Mary and Henry Garland Editions. Oxford Companion To German Literature 3rd Edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1997. Print. (ISBN 0198158963).
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Kneschke, Dr. Ernest Heinrich. Neues allgemeines Deutsches Adels-Lexicon 9 Volumes New General German Aristocracy Lexicon. Leipzig: Friedrich Voigt, 1859. Print.
- Jones, George F. The Germans of Colonial Georgia 1733-1783 Revised edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0806311614).
- Schenk, Trudy. Wuerttemberg Emigration Index Volume I-VIII. Salt Lake City: Ancestry Inc., 1986. Print.
- Brechenmacher, Josef Karlmann. Deutches Namenbuch. Stuttgart: Verlag von Adolf Bonz & Comp, 1928. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Mecklenburgisches Namenbüchlein Ein Führer durch Mecklenburgs Familiennamen. Rostock: Carl Hinstorffs Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Göbel, Otto. Niederdeutsche Familiennamen der Gegenwart Wolfshagen-Schäbentz. Franz: Westphal, 1936. Print.
The Tannenbaum Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Tannenbaum Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 6 December 2011 at 17:00.
on orders of $85 or more