on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: Dutch, English
Where did the English Sturtevant family come from? When did the Sturtevant family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Sturtevant family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Sturtevant, Sturdivantt, Sturtivantt, Sturtivant, Sturdevant, Sturdivant, Sturtifant, Sturdifant, Sturdyvant, Sturdyfant, Sturtevant, Sturdavent and many more.
First found in Nottinghamshire, where they held a family seat from very early times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Sturtevant research. Another 265 words(19 lines of text) covering the years 1379, 1570, 1604, and 1685 are included under the topic Early Sturtevant History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Sturtevant Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Sturtevant Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Samuel Sturtevant, who settled in Plymouth, Massachusetts in 1642
- Mary Sturtevant, who settled in Plymouth, Massachusetts in 1642
- Samuel Sturtevant, who arrived in Plymouth, Massachusetts in 1643
Sturtevant Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- R. Sturtevant went to San Francisco in 1850
- E. Sturtevant, who came to San Francisco in 1851
- B. T. Sturtevant, who came to San Francisco in 1852
- O. B. Sturtevant, who arrived in San Francisco in 1852
- M. Sturtevant, who came to San Francisco in 1860
- William Curtis Sturtevant (1926-2007), American anthropologist
- Arnold H Sturtevant, American banker
- Alfred Henry Sturtevant (1891-1970), American geneticist, who constructed the first genetic map of a chromosome in 1913, recipient of the National Medal of Science
- Albert D. Sturtevant (1894-1918), American naval officer, recipient of the Navy Cross, eponym of USS Sturtevant (DD-240) and the USS Sturtevant (DE-239)
- Butler Sturtevant (1899-1971), American landscape architect
- Edgar H. Sturtevant (1875-1952), American linguist
- Elaine Sturtevant (b. 1930), American artist
- Skordas, Guest. Ed. The Early Settlers of Maryland an Index to Names or Immigrants Complied from Records of Land Patents 1633-1680 in the Hall of Records Annapolis, Maryland. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1968. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Innes, Thomas and Learney. The Tartans of the Clans and Families of Scotland 1st Edition. Edinburgh: W & A. K. Johnston Limited, 1938. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Burke, John Bernard Ed. The Roll of Battle Abbey. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Holt, J.C. Ed. Domesday Studies. Woodbridge: Boydell, 1987. Print. (ISBN 0-85115-477-8).
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Foster, Joseph. Dictionary of Heraldry Feudal Coats of Arms and Pedigrees. London: Bracken Books, 1989. Print. (ISBN 1-85170-309-8).
- Thirsk, Joan. The Agrarian History of England and Wales. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press: 7 Volumes. Print.
- Cook, Chris. English Historical Facts 1603-1688. London: MacMillan, 1980. Print.
This page was last modified on 20 August 2014 at 16:35.
on orders of $85 or more