on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Origins Available: Dutch
The surname Sturtevant was first found in Nottinghamshire
, where they held a family seat
from very early times.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Sturtevant, Sturdivantt, Sturtivantt, Sturtivant, Sturdevant, Sturdivant, Sturtifant, Sturdifant, Sturdyvant, Sturdyfant, Sturtevant, Sturdavent and many more.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Sturtevant research. Another 265 words (19 lines of text) covering the years 1379, 1570, 1604, and 1685 are included under the topic Early Sturtevant History in all our PDF Extended History products
More information is included under the topic Early Sturtevant Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Sturtevant Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Samuel Sturtevant, who settled in Plymouth, Massachusetts in 1642
- Mary Sturtevant, who settled in Plymouth, Massachusetts in 1642
- Samuel Sturtevant, who arrived in Plymouth, Massachusetts in 1643
Sturtevant Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- R. Sturtevant went to San Francisco in 1850
- E. Sturtevant, who came to San Francisco in 1851
- B. T. Sturtevant, who came to San Francisco in 1852
- O. B. Sturtevant, who arrived in San Francisco in 1852
- M. Sturtevant, who came to San Francisco in 1860
- Elaine Sturtevant (b. 1930), American artist
- Edgar H. Sturtevant (1875-1952), American linguist
- Butler Sturtevant (1899-1971), American landscape architect
- Albert D. Sturtevant (1894-1918), American naval officer, recipient of the Navy Cross, eponym of USS Sturtevant (DD-240) and the USS Sturtevant (DE-239)
- Alfred Henry Sturtevant (1891-1970), American geneticist, who constructed the first genetic map of a chromosome in 1913, recipient of the National Medal of Science
- Arnold H Sturtevant, American banker
- William Curtis Sturtevant (1926-2007), American anthropologist
- Burke, John Bernard Ed. The Roll of Battle Abbey. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. General Armory Of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. Print.
- Bullock, L.G. Historical Map of England and Wales. Edinburgh: Bartholomew and Son, 1971. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Ingram, Rev. James. Translator Anglo-Saxon Chronicle 1823. Print.
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Bowman, George Ernest. The Mayflower Reader A Selection of Articales from The Mayflower Descendent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Markale, J. Celtic Civilization. London: Gordon & Cremonesi, 1976. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
This page was last modified on 3 December 2015 at 08:51.
on orders of $85 or more