100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: Dutch, German
Where did the Dutch Stauber family come from? What is the Dutch Stauber family crest and coat of arms? When did the Stauber family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Stauber family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Staupert, Staupe, Stapert, Staupitz, Staub, Staube and many more.
First found in Holland, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in Friesland, a province historically almost independent, but joined the Union of Utrecht to escape the tyranny of Spain. In the 17th and 18th centuries the house of Nassau-Siegen were stadtholders, but in 1748 William of Nasau-Siegen became Prince William IV of Orange and all the provinces. His grandson became William I, King of the Netherlands 1815. In their later history the name became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Stauber research. Another 278 words(20 lines of text) covering the years 1547 and 1555 are included under the topic Early Stauber History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Stauber Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Stauber Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Jacob Stauber, who landed in New York in 1709
- Paul C Stauber, who landed in New York, NY in 1750
- Peter Stauber, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1753
- Daniel Stauber, who settled in Philadelphia in 1753
- Jean Stauber, who arrived in America in 1777-1783
Stauber Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Anton Stauber, who settled in Ohio in 1856
- Anna Stauber, who came to Wisconsin in 1876
- Adalbert Stauber, who settled in Baltimore in 1891
- Henry Stauber, aged 64, who emigrated to America, in 1892
- Emma Stauber, aged 17, who settled in America, in 1897
Stauber Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Albert Stauber, aged 39, who landed in America, in 1909
- Anna Stauber, aged 21, who settled in America, in 1909
- Chazkel Stauber, aged 33, who landed in America from Brel, Austria, in 1909
- Lina Stauber, aged 21, who landed in America from Aarau, Stitzerland, in 1910
- Johann Stauber, aged 32, who emigrated to the United States from Aicha, Germany, in 1912
- John Stauber (b. 1953), American writer and political activist
- Liz Stauber (b. 1979), American actress, known for her roles in Almost Famous (2000), Three Kings (1999) and The Village (2004)
- Robert Thomas Stauber (b. 1967), retired American professional NHL ice hockey goaltender
- Carrie Stauber, American actress
- Lawrence "Larry" B. Stauber Jr., American judge on the Minnesota Court of Appeals (2008-)
- Allan G. Stauber (b. 1944), American bridge player awarded the Mott-Smith Trophy in 1981
- Cody Stauber (b. 1991), American actor
- Birgit Stauber (b. 1974), Austrian Romy Gala Award nominated actress
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Hanks, Hodges, Mills and Room. The Oxford Names Companion. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-19-860561-7).
- Tapper, Michael Ed. Immigrants to the Middle Colonies A Consolidation of Ship Passenger Lists and Associated Data from The New York Genealogical Biographical Record. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmacher's Grosses Wappenbuch 35 Volumes. Germany: Bauer & Raspe. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Bayerisch Stammenbuch von den alten abgestorbenen Fuerten. Print.
- Jones, Henry Z. Palatine Families of New York 2 Volumes. Rockland, ME: Picton Press, 2001. Print. (ISBN 978-0961388829).
- Nied, Edmund. Fraenkische Familiennamen urkundlich gesammelt und sprachlich gedeutet. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1933. Print.
The Stauber Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Stauber Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 5 December 2014 at 14:59.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!