Stadtler History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Stadtler surname derives from the Middle High German word "stadel," meaning "a barn." Thus a "stadeler" was the administrator of a storage barn.
Early Origins of the Stadtler family
The surname Stadtler was first found in Austria, where the name emerged in mediaeval times as one of the notable families of the region. From the 13th century the surname was identified with the great social and economic evolution which made this territory a landmark contributor to the development of the nation. Records show a Manegolt vom Stadel in Styria in 1295; and a Nicolaus Stadler in Iglau in 1378.
Important Dates for the Stadtler family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Stadtler research. Another 185 words (13 lines of text) covering the years 1560, 1614, 1648, 1753, 1763, 1795, and 1812 are included under the topic Early Stadtler History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Stadtler Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Staedler, Stadler, Staedler, Stadtler, Stadeler, Staedele (Wuerttemberg), Stadel, Stadeln, Stadlen, Stadelmann, Stadtmann, Stadtman, Stadellmann, Stadelman, Stadelmaner, Stadellmaner, Stadelmayer and many more.
Early Notables of the Stadtler family (pre 1700)
During this period prominent bearers of the name Stadtler were Johann Stadlmayer (1560-1648), who was a German composer at the court of Innsbruck. Christoph Staedler was a prominent doctor and physician of the city Eger, and was ennobled...
Another 38 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Stadtler Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Stadtler migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Stadtler Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Stadtler Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johann Adam Stadtler, who settled in Philadelphia in 1730
- Georg Stadtler, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1765 
Stadtler Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Fch Stadtler, aged 20, who landed in New York in 1854 
Contemporary Notables of the name Stadtler (post 1700)
- Walter Edward Stadtler (b. 1936), American politician, U.S. Ambassador to Benin, 1986-89 
- Eduard Stadtler, German academic and politician who formed the Anti-Bolshevist League in 1918
You May Also Like
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, April 29) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html