Schuh History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Schuh family
The surname Schuh was first found in Bavaria, where the name was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
Important Dates for the Schuh family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Schuh research. Another 98 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1667, 1743 and 1667 are included under the topic Early Schuh History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Schuh Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Schuh, Schuck, Shuh, Schuch, Shook, Schug, Schewe, Schugh, Schuhman, Schumann, Schuckman, Schuckmann, Schumaker, Schoemaker, Shoemaker, Schumacher, Schuhmacher, Shoo, Schoo and many more.
Early Notables of the Schuh family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the name Schuh in this period include Countess Ehrengard Melusina von der Schulenberg, Duchess of Kendal (1667-1743), born on 25 Dec. 1667 at Emden in the present Prussian province of Saxony. "Emden was the...
Another 38 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Schuh Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Schuh migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Schuh Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Schuh Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Wilhelm Schuh, who arrived in New York in 1709 
- Johannes Schuh, who landed in New York in 1709 
- Jaro Schuh, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1733 
- Peter Schuh, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1753 
- Johann Schuh, who landed in America in 1783 
Schuh Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Rosina Schuh, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1807 
- Auguste Schuh, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1807 
- Davis Schuh, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1807 
- Emanuel Schuh, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1807 
- Frederick Schuh, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1807 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Schuh (post 1700)
- Jeffrey Schuh (b. 1958), American former NFL football linebacker
- Harry Schuh (b. 1942), former American college and professional football player
- Duerr H. Schuh, American fighter pilot and flying ace in the U.S. Army Air Forces, during World War II, credited with 5 aerial victories
- Franz Schuh (1804-1864), Austrian physician, first Austrian physician to use ether as an anesthetic
- Franz Schuh (b. 1947), Austrian novelist
- Bérengère Schuh (b. 1984), French bronze medalist archer at the 2008 Summer Olympics
You May Also Like
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)