on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the French Provencal family come from? When did the Provencal family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Provencal family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Provencher, Provancher, Provenchère, Provanchère, Provenchet and many more.
First found in Burgundy (French: Bourgogne), an administrative and historical region of east-central France, where the family was established in early times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Provencal research. Another 157 words(11 lines of text) covering the years 1552, 1582, and 1617 are included under the topic Early Provencal History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Provencal Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Provencal Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Alexis Provencal, aged 35, landed in St Pierre and Miquelon in 1767
- Moshe ben Avraham Provençal (1503-1576), Italian posek and Hebrew grammarian
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Doyle, William. The Oxford History of the French Revolution. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0192852213).
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Guérard, Albert Léon. France: a Modern History. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 1959. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Vaillancourt, Emile. La Conquete du Canada par les Normands. Biographie de la premiere generation Normande du Canada. Montreal: G. Ducharme, 1930. Print.
- D'Hozier Charles. Armorial Général de France. Paris: Dillon, 1875. Print.
This page was last modified on 28 June 2011 at 11:03.
on orders of $85 or more