100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: Dutch, Welsh
Where did the Dutch Mulder family come from? What is the Dutch Mulder family crest and coat of arms? When did the Mulder family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Mulder family history?The Mulder family name has long been found in region known today as the Netherlands. It is unclear whether the name moved to the region from Germany, or arose independently in Holland. Mulder is an occupational name for a miller, derived from the Old Germanic "Mulinari."
Spelling variations of this family name include: Mueller, Muller, Mueler, Muler, Miller, Moeller, Moller, Muellner, Milner, Molner, Molenauer, Molenaar and many more.
First found in Southern Germany, where they were established in the Middle Ages. The name is the German form of the Latin name "Molinarius," "Mulinari" in Old German. The modern form of the name, Mueller, is documented early on in the chronicles of Swabia, wherein the knight Conrad von Husen is noted as having become known as Mueller for his ownership of a mill.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Mulder research. Another 475 words(34 lines of text) covering the years 1693, 1670, 1752, 1807, 1610, 1668, 1630 and 1676 are included under the topic Early Mulder History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 47 words(3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Mulder Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Mulder Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Cornelis Stevens Mulder, aged 21, arrived in New York in 1660
- Joshua Mulder, who landed in Virginia in 1673
Mulder Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Balthasar Mulder, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1787
Mulder Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Clara Mulder, aged 4, landed in New York, NY in 1847
- Aaltje J Mulder, aged 55, arrived in Baltimore, Maryland in 1847
- Agathe Mulder, aged 28, landed in New York, NY in 1847
- Gertrude Mulder, aged 43, landed in New York, NY in 1847
- Lucas Mulder, aged 48, arrived in New York, NY in 1847
- Mark Alan Mulder (b. 1977), American retired left-handed starting pitcher in Major League Baseball
- Tyler Mulder (b. 1987), American track and field athlete
- Dave W. Mulder (b. 1939), American politician, Iowa State Senator
- Grant R. Mulder, Major General in the United States Air Force
- Teunis Mulder (b. 1981), is a Dutch track cyclist
- Youri Mulder (b. 1969), retired Dutch footballer
- Jan Mulder (b. 1945), Dutch former soccer player and current columnist
- Jan Mulder (b. 1943), Dutch politician People's Party for Freedom and Democracy
- Eefke Mulder (b. 1977), Dutch field hockey player
- Gerardus Johannes Mulder (1802-1880), Dutch organic and analytical chemist
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Brechenmacher, Josef Karlmann. Deutches Namenbuch. Stuttgart: Verlag von Adolf Bonz & Comp, 1928. Print.
- Neubecker, Ottfried. Großes Wappen-Bilder-Lexikon der bürgerlichen Geschlechter Deutschlands Oesterreichs und der Schweiz. Battenberg, München: 1985. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Abhandlungen zur Namenforschung und Buchgeschichte. 1980. Print. (ISBN 978-3768690522).
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Jones, Henry Z. Palatine Families of New York 2 Volumes. Rockland, ME: Picton Press, 2001. Print. (ISBN 978-0961388829).
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Preuss, Otto. Die Lippischen Familiennamen mit Berücksichtigung der Ortsnamen. Detmold: Meyer'sche Hofbuchh, 1887. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
The Mulder Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Mulder Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 4 November 2014 at 14:21.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!