Manfre History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Manfre family
The surname Manfre was first found in Padua (Italian: Padova, Latin: Patavium, Venetian: Padoa), on the Bacchiglione River, capital of the province of Padua. In 1175, the citizens elected the D'Este family as podesta but in 1275 Frederick II took over. The powerful families of D'Este, Camposampiero and Da Romano were the large influences. The city is rich in art, museums and galleries. Many churches exhibit works of the masters. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Important Dates for the Manfre family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Manfre research. Another 110 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1299, 1318, 1608, 1772, 1343, 1313, 1327, 1324, 1373, 1341, 1356, 1345, 1405, 1377, 1377, 1404, 1412, 1468, 1439, 1448, 1443, 1468, 1485, 1502, 1488, 1501, 1444, 1466, 1582, 1622, 1681 and 1761 are included under the topic Early Manfre History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Manfre Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Manfredi, Manfredo, Manfreda, Manferdini, Manfre, Manfra, Manfran, Manfrai, Manfrotto and many more.
Early Notables of the Manfre family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Francesco I Manfredi (died 1343), Lord of Faenza (1313-1327); Giovanni Manfredi (1324-1373), Lord of Faenza from 1341 to 1356; and his son, Astorre Manfredi (c. 1345-1405), an Italian condottiero who reconquered Faenza in 1377, Lord of Faenza (1377-1404); Astorre II Manfredi (1412-1468), Lord of Imola from 1439 to 1448, and...
Another 56 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Manfre Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Manfre migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Manfre Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Manfre Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Benia...eo Manfre, aged 32, who landed in America from Gerace Lup., Italy, in 1907
- Carmela Manfre, aged 1, who immigrated to the United States from Patti, Italy, in 1910
- Angela Manfre, aged 19, who landed in America from Bagheria, Sicily, in 1911
- Angela Manfre, aged 38, who immigrated to America from Geoiosa Marea, Italy, in 1911
- Antonino Manfre, aged 30, who immigrated to the United States from S. Stefano di Camastra, Sicily, in 1913
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Manfre (post 1700)
- Katelyn Manfre, American actress, best known for her role in Fortitude (2012)
- Jonny 'The Unit' Manfre, American actor, best known for his role on Jersey Shore (2011)
- James L. Manfre, American Democrat politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from New York 2nd District, 1994 
You May Also Like
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 8) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html