on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the German Lustig family come from? When did the Lustig family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Lustig family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Lustig, Lusting, Lusttig, Lustige, Lustiges, Lusstig, Luastig, Lustieg and many more.
First found in Austria, where the name Lustig became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. In their later history the name became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lustig research. Another 221 words (16 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Lustig History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Lustig Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Lustig Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Meyer Lustig, who emigrated from Hamburg to New York, NY in 1855
- Isaac Lustig, who was recorded to be living in San Francisco in 1866
- Isaac Lustig, aged 40, arrived in San Francisco, California in 1866
- Jacob Lustig, who arrived in New York in 1868
- Morris Lustig, who was naturalized in Ohio in 1883
Lustig Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Kaspar Lustig and his wife Magdalena Heintz Lustig, who lived in Halifax, Nova Scotia between 1830 and 1846
- Arnost Lustig (b. 1926), Czech journalist and screenplay writer who became a professor of Literature and Film in the U.S. He won an Emmy award in 1986
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Götze, Alfred. Familiennamen im badischen Oberland. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1918. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Brechenmacher, Josef Karlmann. Deutches Namenbuch. Stuttgart: Verlag von Adolf Bonz & Comp, 1928. Print.
- Jones, Henry Z. Palatine Families of New York 2 Volumes. Rockland, ME: Picton Press, 2001. Print. (ISBN 978-0961388829).
- Oswald, G. Lexicon der Heraldik. Leipzig: 1984. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Göbel, Otto. Niederdeutsche Familiennamen der Gegenwart Wolfshagen-Schäbentz. Franz: Westphal, 1936. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
This page was last modified on 23 September 2010 at 15:39.
on orders of $85 or more