on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Ledesma family come from? What is the Spanish Ledesma family crest and coat of arms? When did the Ledesma family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Ledesma family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Ledesma, Ledezma, Ledsmo and others.
First found in Granada, in southern Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Ledesma research. Another 163 words(12 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Ledesma History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Ledesma Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Catalina Ortiz Ledesma, recorded in New Spain in 1562
Ledesma Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Francisco De Ledesma, who landed in America in 1812
- Juan De Ledesma, who landed in America in 1812
- Pedro De Ledesma, who landed in America in 1812
- Alejo De Ledesma, who landed in America in 1813
- Hernando De Ledesma, who landed in America in 1817
- Aaron Ledesma (b. 1971), American Major League Baseball player
- James V Ledesma (b. 1941), American professional diplomat and ambassador
- Kuh Ledesma, Filipino jazz artist
- Cristian Daniel Ledesma (b. 1982), Argentine professional football player
- Juan Francisco Azcárate y Ledesma, Mexican lawyer, leader in the movement for independence from Spain
- Jaime Ledesma (b. 1973), Puerto Rican film director, producer and actor
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
- Diez, Ma Del Carmen Galbis. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias Durante los siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Archivo General de Indias Sevilla Volume 6. Murcia, Spain: Ministerio de Cultura, 1986. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Domínguez, C. Hispano de Apellidos y Blasones. 4 Vols. 2001. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Colletta, John P. They Came in Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Atienza, Julio De Atienza. Español: Diccionario Heraldico De Apellidos Españoles Y De Titulos Nobiliarios. Madrid: Aguilar, 1959. Print.
The Ledesma Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Ledesma Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 13 December 2014 at 12:16.
on orders of $85 or more