on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Ledesma family come from? What is the Spanish Ledesma family crest and coat of arms? When did the Ledesma family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Ledesma family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Ledesma, Ledezma, Ledsmo and others.
First found in Granada, in southern Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Ledesma research. Another 163 words (12 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Ledesma History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Ledesma Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Catalina Ortiz Ledesma, recorded in New Spain in 1562
Ledesma Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Francisco De Ledesma, who landed in America in 1812
- Juan De Ledesma, who landed in America in 1812
- Pedro De Ledesma, who landed in America in 1812
- Alejo De Ledesma, who landed in America in 1813
- Hernando De Ledesma, who landed in America in 1817
- Rick Ledesma, American Republican politician, Republican Candidate for U.S. Representative from Texas 16th District, 1994 (primary), 1996
- Mary L. Ledesma, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from California, 1972
- James Vela Ledesma (b. 1941), American politician, U.S. Ambassador to Gabon, 1998-2001; Sao Tome & Principe, 1998-2001
- Aaron Ledesma (b. 1971), American Major League Baseball player
- James V Ledesma (b. 1941), American professional diplomat and ambassador
- Cristian Daniel Ledesma (b. 1982), Argentine professional football player
- Jaime Ledesma (b. 1973), Puerto Rican film director, producer and actor
- Juan Francisco Azcárate y Ledesma, Mexican lawyer, leader in the movement for independence from Spain
- Kuh Ledesma, Filipino jazz artist
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- García Carraffa, Alberto and Arturo. Diccionario Heráldico y Genealógico de Apellidos Españoles y Americanos 88 Volumes. Madrid: A. Marzo. Print.
- Domínguez, C. Hispano de Apellidos y Blasones. 4 Vols. 2001. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Caballeros de La Orden de Santiago Siglo XVIII. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1996. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Chronological list of passengers to Spanish America (including Florida and Louisiana, 1538-1559). From documents in the "Indian Archives". Sevilla. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Heraldic Patronimica Española Y Sus Patronimicos Compuestos. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1976. Print.
The Ledesma Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Ledesma Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 9 November 2015 at 10:58.
on orders of $85 or more