on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Origins Available: Danish, German, Norwegian, Swedish
Where did the German Larson family come from? What is the German Larson family crest and coat of arms? When did the Larson family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Larson family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Larsen, Larson, Larsenn, Larsonn and others.
First found in West Prussia and Denmark, where the name emerged in mediaeval times as one of the notable families in the western region. From the 13th century onwards the surname was identified with the great social and economic evolution which made this territory a landmark contributor to the development of the nation.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Larson research. Another 75 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Larson History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Larson Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Larson Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Lars Larson, who arrived in New York, NY in 1825
- L Larson, aged 24, landed in New Orleans, La in 1846
- Johannes Larson, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1847
- Barth Larson, who arrived in Mississippi in 1849
- Samuel Larson, aged 45, arrived in New York in 1850
Larson Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Lars Andrew Larson, who landed in Wisconsin in 1907
- Esten Larson, who arrived in Wisconsin in 1913
- Mads Larson, who arrived in Wisconsin in 1914
- Nels Larson, who arrived in Wisconsin in 1923
- Axel Werner Larson, who landed in Alabama in 1923
Larson Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- Thoston Larson, aged 40, a farmer, arrived in Hawkes Bay aboard the ship "Clarence" in 1875
- Maren Larson, aged 39, arrived in Hawkes Bay aboard the ship "Clarence" in 1875
- Thosten Larson, aged 10, arrived in Hawkes Bay aboard the ship "Clarence" in 1875
- Edward Larson, aged 7, arrived in Hawkes Bay aboard the ship "Clarence" in 1875
- Launtz Larson, aged 3, arrived in Hawkes Bay aboard the ship "Clarence" in 1875
- William E. "Bill" Larson (1938-2015), American football player who played with the Boston Patriots in 1960
- Jack Edward Larson (1928-2015), American actor, screenwriter and producer, best known for his portrayal of Jimmy Olsen on the TV series The Adventures of Superman
- Kate Clifford Larson, American historian and Harriet Tubman scholar
- Walter Larson, American businessman and founder of Larson International, a designer and manufacturer of amusement rides based in Plainview, Texas
- Major Donald A. Larson (d. 1944), USAAF fighter pilot and ace killed in action on 4th of August 1944, eponym of the Larson Air Force Base, Washington
- Major-General Westside T. Larson (1892-1977), American Commanding General of the VIII Fighter Command, High Wycombe, England (1945)
- Nathan Larson (b. 1970), American film composer, musician, and author
- Brie Larson (b. 1989), American actress and pop rock singer/songwriter
- Ronald Edwin "Ron" Larson (b. 1941), American mathematician and author
- Eric Larson (1905-1988), American animator for the Walt Disney Studios, one of the "Disney's Nine Old Men", he worked on Snow White, Fantasia, Dumbo, Bambi, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, and many more
- Life in Nebraska and our Heritage by Ellen Larson.
- The Larson Legacy by Lee Grippen.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Göbel, Otto. Niederdeutsche Familiennamen der Gegenwart Wolfshagen-Schäbentz. Franz: Westphal, 1936. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Deutschlands geographische Namenwelt Etymologisches Lexikon der Fluss- und Ortsnamen alteuropaischer Herkunft. Frankfurt: Suhrkamp, 1985. Print.
- Jones, George F. The Germans of Colonial Georgia 1733-1783 Revised edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0806311614).
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Hopeful Journeys German Immigration, Settlement, and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Gritzner, M. Handbuch der heraldischen Terminologie in zwölf Zungen. Nürnberg: 1890. Print.
- Jones, Henry Z. Palatine Families of New York 2 Volumes. Rockland, ME: Picton Press, 2001. Print. (ISBN 978-0961388829).
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2000. Print. (ISBN 978-0806303024).
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
The Larson Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Larson Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 25 November 2015 at 09:20.
on orders of $85 or more