on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the German Kleinberg family come from? What is the German Kleinberg family crest and coat of arms? When did the Kleinberg family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Kleinberg family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Kleinberger, Kleinberg, Kleinberrger, Kleinbergger, Kleinbergg, Kleinberge, Kleinberrg, Kleinburg and many more.
First found in Austria, where the name Kleinberger became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. In their later history the name became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Kleinberg research. Another 211 words (15 lines of text) covering the years 1840 and 1859 are included under the topic Early Kleinberg History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Kleinberg Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Kleinberg Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Johann Theodor Kleinberg, who emigrated from the County of Steinfurt to Ohio in 1847
- Joh Theodor Kleinberg, who arrived in America in 1847
- Henry Kleinberg, who applied for naturalization in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1848
- Joh Gerh Kleinberg, who landed in America in 1848-1849
- Robert Kleinberg, American politician, Mayor of Marlboro Township, New Jersey, 2007
- Ethan Kleinberg, American Professor of History and Letters at Wesleyan University
- Eliot Kleinberg (b. 1956), American author and a news and features writer for the Palm Beach Post
- Robert David Kleinberg, American theoretical computer scientist and Associate Professor of Computer Science at Cornell University, brother of Jon Kleinberg
- Jon Michael Kleinberg (b. 1971), American computer scientist, Tisch University Professor of Computer Science at Cornell University
- Kneschke, Dr. Ernest Heinrich. Neues allgemeines Deutsches Adels-Lexicon 9 Volumes New General German Aristocracy Lexicon. Leipzig: Friedrich Voigt, 1859. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Mecklenburgisches Namenbüchlein Ein Führer durch Mecklenburgs Familiennamen. Rostock: Carl Hinstorffs Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Neubecker, Ottfried. Wappen-Bilder-Lexikon der bürgerlichen Geschlechter Deutschlands, Oesterreichs und der Schweiz. Battenberg, München: 1985. Print.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2000. Print. (ISBN 978-0806303024).
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmacher's Grosses Wappenbuch 35 Volumes. Germany: Bauer & Raspe. Print.
- Hildenbrand, A.M. Wappenfibel. Handbuch der Heraldik. Neustadt an der Aisch: 1970. Print.
- Götze, Alfred. Familiennamen im badischen Oberland. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1918. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
The Kleinberg Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Kleinberg Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 30 November 2015 at 15:13.
on orders of $85 or more