on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the German Heilman family come from? When did the Heilman family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Heilman family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Heil, Heile, Heilman, Heilmann, Heileman and others.
First found in the region of Frankfurt, Mainz and Worms, in the state of Hessen or what was formerly Hessen, where this name was mainly concentrated during the Middle Ages. Written records of the surname Heilman date back to the fourteenth century; Heile Bule is recorded as living in Frankfurt in 1343, Heilman Breithoubt is documented in Mainz in the year 1350, Heylo Herden was born in Worms in 1365, and Heilman Ditmars was found in Breslau in 1352.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Heilman research. Another 190 words (14 lines of text) covering the year 1369 is included under the topic Early Heilman History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Heilman Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Heilman Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Martin Heilman went to Pennsylvania in 1732
- Johannes Heilman, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1732
- John Jacob Heilman, who landed in America in 1732
- Martin Heilman, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1732
- Henry Heilman, who arrived in Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania in 1746
Heilman Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- John Heilman, aged 35, arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1804
- Albert Heilman settled in South Carolina in 1832
- Anton Heilman, aged 8, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1847
- Bern Heilman, aged 46, landed in New Orleans, La in 1847
- Fenne Heilman, aged 46, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1847
Heilman Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Carl Ludwig Heilman was 7 when he moved to Halifax, NS
- William Clifford Heilman (1877-1946), American composer
- John B. Heilman Jr (1920-2013), American politician, Member of the South Dakota House of Representatives (1953-1954)
- William L. Heilman, United States Antarctic Research Program glaciologist at Roosevelt Island (1961-1962), eponym of the Heilman Glacier, Antarctica
- William Clifford Heilman (1877-1946), American composer, known for his orchestral works and chamber music
- Marlin Stephen "Doc" Heilman (b. 1933), American physician, entrepreneur and inventor
- Robert B. Heilman (1906-2004), American educator and writer
- Earl Bruce Heilman (b. 1926), American academic, President of the University of Richmond (1987-1988) and (1971-1986), President of Meredith College (1966-1971)
- Dan Heilman (1922-1966), American artist of the Judge Parker comic strip
- Kenneth M. Heilman, American behavioral neurologist
- William Heilman (1824-1890), American politician, U.S. Representative from Indiana
- Heil Heilman! Stand Proud!: The Story of the Heilmans by Edith (Heilman) Medhurts.
- Early Carolina Heilmans (Hallmans-Holmans) 1736-1800 by Elmer Berley Hallman.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Schenk, Trudy. Wuerttemberg Emigration Index Volume I-VIII. Salt Lake City: Ancestry Inc., 1986. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmacher's Grosses Wappenbuch 35 Volumes. Germany: Bauer & Raspe. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Journeys German Immigration, Settlement and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Nied, Edmund. Fraenkische Familiennamen urkundlich gesammelt und sprachlich gedeutet. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1933. Print.
- Tobler-Meyer, Wilhelm. Familiennamen der Ostschweiz. Zürich: 1894. Print.
- Götze, Alfred. Familiennamen im badischen Oberland. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1918. Print.
This page was last modified on 26 October 2015 at 11:14.
on orders of $85 or more