Early Origins of the Heidi family
The surname Heidi was first found in Belgium, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in West Flanders
, a province in Belgium, originally Bruges. Within this province the notable towns are Bruges, the capital city, Ostend, Courtrai, Furnes, Thielt, Ypres and Roulers. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into a most influential family.
Early History of the Heidi family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Heidi research.Another 89 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1653, 1689 and 1809 are included under the topic Early Heidi History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Heidi Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Heede, Hede, Hedde, Heeden, Heeder, Heedenberg, Hedeman, Heddesdorff, Hedelin, Heid and many more.
Early Notables of the Heidi family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Heidi Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Heidi family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Henry Heede, who arrived in Indiana; Francis Heede, who came to Virginia in 1650; Joh. Heinrich Heeder, who arrived in America in 1847; F. H. Heeder, who settled in New York, NY in 1848.
Contemporary Notables of the name Heidi (post 1700)
- Heidi Behrens-Benedict, American Democrat politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Washington 8th District, 1998, 2000, 2002 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 29) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- Heidi Mortenson (b. 1975), Danish electronic composer, singer and producer
- Heidi Armbruster, American actress, known for Revolutionary Road (2008), Michael Clayton (2007) and The Smurfs (2011)
- Heidi VanDerveer, American women's basketball coach, Head Coach of the Minnesota Lynx in 2002 and the Sacramento Monarchs (1997-1998)
- Heidi E. Scheuermann, Republican politician
- Heidi Hanlon (b. 1958), Canadian curler from McAdam, New Brunswick, eleven-time provincial women's champion skip
- Heidi Watney (b. 1981), American sportscaster
- Heidi Hadsell, American president of Hartford Seminary since 2000
- Heidi Kozak (b. 1963), American actress
- Heidi Urbahn de Jauregui (b. 1940), French academic and essayist, emeritus Professor of German Literature
Heidi Family Crest Products
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 29) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html