Heeren History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The distinguished surname Heeren is Dutch in origin. It is derived from the Dutch word "heer," meaning "gentleman, lord" or "Mr." It is likely that this name was originally bestowed as a nickname on someone who behaved in an aristocratic manner.
Early Origins of the Heeren family
The surname Heeren was first found in Holland, where the ancestral home of the Heeren family is thought to be located. During the Middle Ages, the name was also found in Germany, under the High German variation "Herr." The Heeren family was instrumental during its early years, contributing greatly to the development of the society of the Netherlands.
Important Dates for the Heeren family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Heeren research. Another 113 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1534, 1584, 1534, 1570, 1636, 1591, 1809 and 1841 are included under the topic Early Heeren History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Heeren Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Heer, De Heer, Heere, Heeren, Heerdt, Van Heerdt, Van Heeren and many more.
Early Notables of the Heeren family (pre 1700)
From this era of Dutch history, those of this who distinguished themselves included Lucas van Heere (1534-1584), a famous Flemish painter and poet. Born at Ghent in 1534, he was the son of Jan D'Heere...
Another 35 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Heeren Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Heeren migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Heeren Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Ariane J Heeren, aged 17, who landed in New York, NY in 1855 
- Berend Janssen Heeren, aged 15, who arrived in New York, NY in 1855 
- Enne Janssen Heeren, aged 12, who landed in New York, NY in 1855 
- Harm Heeren, aged 4, who arrived in New York, NY in 1855 
- Heinrich Heeren, aged 2, who landed in New York, NY in 1855 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Heeren (post 1700)
- W. E. Heeren, American politician, Member of South Dakota State House of Representatives 5th District, 1897-98 
- Ronald Lee Heeren, American Libertarian politician, Candidate for Presidential Elector for Michigan, 1984; Candidate for Michigan State House of Representatives 73rd District, 2012 
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 12) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html