on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the German Hecht family come from? What is the German Hecht family crest and coat of arms? When did the Hecht family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Hecht family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Hecht, von Hecht, Hekt and others.
First found in Prussia, where the name emerged in medieval times as one of the notable families of the region. From the 13th century the surname was identified with the great social and economic evolution which made this territory a landmark contributor to the development of the nation.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Hecht research. Another 242 words (17 lines of text) covering the years 1745, 1762, 1816, and 1828 are included under the topic Early Hecht History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Hecht Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Hecht Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Hans Hecht, who landed in America in 1731
- Anthony Hecht, who arrived in Philadelphia in 1754
- Peter Hecht, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1754
- Philip Henrich Hecht, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1766
Hecht Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Joh Carl Hecht, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1800
- Leopoldine Hecht, who landed in Texas in 1846
- R Hecht, aged 27, landed in New York, NY in 1847
- Joseph Hecht, who arrived in New York, NY in 1850
- Ludwig Hecht, who landed in New York, NY in 1850
Hecht Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Friederich Hecht, who landed in Nova Scotia in 1757
- Tobias Hecht (b. 1964), American anthropologist, ethnographer, and translator
- Robert Emmanuel Hecht Jr. (1919-2012), American antiquities dealer
- Duvall Hecht (1930-1956), American gold medalist rower at the 1956 Summer Olympics
- Jennifer Michael Hecht (b. 1965), American poet, historian, philosopher, and author
- Sue Hecht (b. 1947), American politician from Maryland
- Gina Hecht (b. 1953), American actress
- Harold Hecht (1907-1985), born in New York City, was an American film producer
- Jessica Hecht (b. 1965), American actress
- Ben Hecht (1894-1964), American screenwriter, director, producer, playwright, and novelist, called "the Shakespeare of Hollywood" who won two Academy Awards (1929 & 1936)
- Samuel Hecht Jr,, American founder of Hecht's, a large chain of department stores in 1857
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. Pennsylvania German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Hopeful Journeys German Immigration, Settlement, and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Steed, Henry Wickham . The Hapsburg Monarchy. London: Constable and Company, 1919. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Brechenmacher, Josef Karlmann. Deutches Namenbuch. Stuttgart: Verlag von Adolf Bonz & Comp, 1928. Print.
- Nied, Edmund. Fraenkische Familiennamen urkundlich gesammelt und sprachlich gedeutet. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1933. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Kneschke, Dr. Ernest Heinrich. Neues allgemeines Deutsches Adels-Lexicon 9 Volumes New General German Aristocracy Lexicon. Leipzig: Friedrich Voigt, 1859. Print.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2000. Print. (ISBN 978-0806303024).
The Hecht Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Hecht Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 18 April 2014 at 14:53.
on orders of $85 or more