on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: English, German
Where did the German Haman family come from? What is the German Haman family crest and coat of arms? When did the Haman family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Haman family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Haman, Hammann, Hamann, Hahmman, Hahman, Haamman, Haaman, Hammen and many more.
First found in Bavaria, where the name Hamman was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Haman research. Another 149 words(11 lines of text) covering the years 1673, 1730, 1788, and 1852 are included under the topic Early Haman History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 29 words(2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Haman Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Haman Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- John Haman, who landed in Virginia in 1622
- Joseph Haman, who arrived in Virginia in 1623
- Mathew Haman, who landed in Virginia in 1623
- Mark Haman, who arrived in Virginia in 1638
- Jon Haman, who landed in Virginia in 1653
Haman Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Andries Haman, who landed in New York in 1709
- Johann Georg Haman, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1751
- Fredk Haman, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1753
- Philip Haman, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1790
Haman Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Henry Haman, who landed in New York in 1822
- Frederick Haman, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1848
- Theodore Haman, who arrived in Mississippi in 1875
- Reese Haman, who landed in Washington County, Pennsylvania in 1878
- Karl Haman, who landed in Ohio in 1888
Haman Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Charles Bernhard Haman, who arrived in Alabama in 1922
- Andy Haman (b. 1966), American professional bodybuilder
- Götze, Alfred. Familiennamen im badischen Oberland. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1918. Print.
- Karlsruhe. Badisches Generallandesarchiv Baden Emigration lists 1866-1911. Salt Lake City: Microfilm of Card Index by the Genealogical Society of Utah. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. Pennsylvania German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Kneschke, Dr. Ernest Heinrich. Neues allgemeines Deutsches Adels-Lexicon 9 Volumes New General German Aristocracy Lexicon. Leipzig: Friedrich Voigt, 1859. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmachers Wappenbuch. München, Battenberg: 1975. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
The Haman Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Haman Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 2 October 2003 at 15:52.
on orders of $85 or more