in the province of Cunco. The old castle of the Maruises of Saluzzo built in 1142 is now a prison, There is a Gothic cathedral with the tombs of the marquises. The Casa Cavazza is notable and is the city museum. King Henry IV restored the marquisate in 1601. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Guisiano research.Another 105 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1640, 1735, 1772, 1624, 1705, 1425 and 1450 are included under the topic Early Guisiano History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
of this family name include: Justiniano, Guisiana, Guisiano, Giussani, Giussano, Giusiana, Giusiano, Justiano and many more.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Jacob Giusti, who came to Galveston, TX; Emilio Giusti, who came to New York sometime between 1884 and 1915; Mario Giusti, who came to New York sometime between 1884 and 1925.