on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Gugel family come from? When did the Gugel family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Gugel family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Gogel, Gögel, Gogeul, Goghel, Gockel, Göckel, Gegel, Geugel, Gogle, Goggle, Gogell and many more.
First found in Bavaria, where the name Gogel was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Gugel research. Another 213 words(15 lines of text) covering the years 1774 and 1828 are included under the topic Early Gugel History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Gugel Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Gugel Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Philip Gugel, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1878
- Christian Gugel, aged 25, arrived in South Dakota in 1889
- Jacob Gugel, who landed in South Dakota in 1889
- Johann Gugel, aged 15, arrived in South Dakota in 1889
- T. Gugel, aged 51, who landed in America, in 1893
Gugel Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Johann Gugel, aged 24, who settled in America from Oladorf, Germany, in 1906
- Konrad Gugel, aged 20, who emigrated to the United States from Asdorf, Germany, in 1906
- Sclufre Gugel, aged 2, who emigrated to America from Orscha, Russia, in 1909
- Georg Paulus Gugel, aged 24, who landed in America from Weissenbaum, Germany, in 1910
- Maria Betty Gugel, aged 3, who landed in America from Forcheim, Germany, in 1922
- Joe Gugel, American actor, best known for his role in Dream State (2009)
- Katharina Gugel, German director, best known for her documentaries 37 Grad (2005 to 2008)
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Hopeful Journeys German Immigration, Settlement, and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Hildenbrand, A.M. Wappenfibel. Handbuch der Heraldik. Neustadt an der Aisch: 1970. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Abhandlungen zur Namenforschung und Buchgeschichte. 1980. Print. (ISBN 978-3768690522).
- Steed, Henry Wickham . The Hapsburg Monarchy. London: Constable and Company, 1919. Print.
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmacher's Grosses Wappenbuch 35 Volumes. Germany: Bauer & Raspe. Print.
- Brechenmacher, Josef Karlmann. Deutches Namenbuch. Stuttgart: Verlag von Adolf Bonz & Comp, 1928. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Journeys German Immigration, Settlement and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
This page was last modified on 20 June 2012 at 14:08.
on orders of $85 or more