on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Goertz family come from? What is the German Goertz family crest and coat of arms? When did the Goertz family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Goertz family history?The Goertz surname is habitational name, derived from any of various places so named in eastern and northern Germany.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Gortz, Goerts, Goertze, Gortze and others.
First found in the Fulda region, where this family name was associated with an ancient family of Knights in the 9th century, who possessed the estate Schlitz.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Goertz research. Another 177 words(13 lines of text) covering the years 1630, 1668, 1719, and 1726 are included under the topic Early Goertz History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 25 words(2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Goertz Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Goertz Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- David Goertz, who sailed to New York in 1874
- David Goertz, aged 36, landed in New York, NY in 1874
- Erik Goertz, aged 20, who landed in America, in 1894
Goertz Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Anna Goertz, aged 8, who settled in America from Waldheim, in 1903
- Arnold Goertz, aged 23, who landed in America from W. Gladbach, Germany, in 1913
- Johanna Goertz, aged 58, who landed in America from Hamburg, Germany, in 1914
- Joseph A. Goertz, aged 26, who emigrated to the United States, in 1919
- Jacob C. Goertz, aged 20, who settled in America, in 1919
- Augustus F Goertz, American artist
- Albrecht Graf Goertz (1914-2006), German designed cars for BMW
- Raymond Goertz, early robotics engineer
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Steed, Henry Wickham . The Hapsburg Monarchy. London: Constable and Company, 1919. Print.
- Gritzner, M. Handbuch der heraldischen Terminologie in zwölf Zungen. Nürnberg: 1890. Print.
- Neubecker, Ottfried. Wappen-Bilder-Lexikon der bürgerlichen Geschlechter Deutschlands, Oesterreichs und der Schweiz. Battenberg, München: 1985. Print.
- Göbel, Otto. Niederdeutsche Familiennamen der Gegenwart Wolfshagen-Schäbentz. Franz: Westphal, 1936. Print.
- Karlsruhe. Badisches Generallandesarchiv Baden Emigration lists 1866-1911. Salt Lake City: Microfilm of Card Index by the Genealogical Society of Utah. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmacher's Grosses Wappenbuch 35 Volumes. Germany: Bauer & Raspe. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Tobler-Meyer, Wilhelm. Familiennamen der Ostschweiz. Zürich: 1894. Print.
The Goertz Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Goertz Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 16 January 2012 at 09:12.
on orders of $85 or more