on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Garza family come from? What is the Spanish Garza family crest and coat of arms? When did the Garza family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Garza family history?The mountainous borders of Spain contain the origins of the prestigious surname Garza. The earliest forms of hereditary surnames in Spain were the patronymic surnames, which are derived from the father's given name, and metronymic surnames, which are derived from the mother's given name. Spanish patronymic names emerged as early as the mid-9th century and the most common patronymic suffix is "ez." The patronyms were derived from a variety of given names that were of many different origins.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Garza, de Garza, de la Garza, Garzo, Garzón and many more.
First found in Galicia, an important Christian kingdom of medieval Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Garza research. Another 614 words(44 lines of text) covering the years 1037, 1139, and 1162 are included under the topic Early Garza History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Garza Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Juan de la Garza, who sailed to America in 1514
- Alonso Garza sailed to New Spain in 1537
Garza Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Jose Garza, who landed in Texas in 1850
- Camilo Garza, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1868
- Marceline Garza, aged 52, who landed in America, in 1895
- Oscar Garza, aged 19, who landed in America, in 1895
- Zusanna Garza, aged 32, who settled in America, in 1895
Garza Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Sedrenio Garza, who arrived in Texas in 1911
- Daniel Garza, aged 21, who emigrated to the United States from Mexico City, Mexico, in 1912
- Macedonio Garza, aged 30, who emigrated to America from Mexico City, Mexico, in 1913
- Cifrano Garza, aged 27, who landed in America from Monterey, Mexico, in 1913
- Miguel Garza, aged 32, who emigrated to the United States from Paris, France, in 1915
- Matthew Scott "Matt" Garza (b. 1983), American Major League baseball pitcher
- Antonio Oscar "Tony" Garza Jr. (b. 1959), American lawyer and former county judge
- Loreto Garza (b. 1962), American three-time Golden Glove boxer
- Roberto Garza (b. 1979), American NFL football guard
- Alana de la Garza (b. 1976), American actress, best known for her role on Law and Order
- Nicole Garza (b. 1982), American actress
- Samuel Mayorga Garza Jr. (b. 1965), American former NFL and CFL professional quarterback
- Rodrigo Garza (b. 1979), Spanish Olympic field hockey player
- Captian Blas María de la Garza Falcón (1712-1767), Spanish settler of Tamaulipas and South Texas
- Josele Garza (b. 1962), Mexican professional race car driver
- Origin of the Surnames Garza and Trevino in Nuevo Leon by Tomas Mendirichaga Cueva.
- Stolen Heritage: A Mexican-American's Rediscovery of His Family's Lost Land Grant by Abel G. Rubio.
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
- Carr, Raymond. Spain, 1808-1975. 2nd Ed. . Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1982. Print. (ISBN 978-0198221272).
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Caballeros de La Orden de Santiago Siglo XVIII. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1996. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Diez, Ma Del Carmen Galbis. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias Durante los siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Archivo General de Indias Sevilla Volume 6. Murcia, Spain: Ministerio de Cultura, 1986. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
The Garza Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Garza Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 12 March 2015 at 19:35.
on orders of $85 or more