on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Futrell family come from? When did the Futrell family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Futrell family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Futterer, Futurer, Futch, Futsch and others.
First found in Bavaria, where the name was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Futrell research. Another 148 words(11 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Futrell History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Futrell Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Futrell Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Joe Futrell, aged 22, who settled in Norfolk, Virginia, in 1915
- Ralph Futrell, aged 26, who settled in America, in 1922
- Helen Futrell, aged 22, who landed in America, in 1924
- Mary Hatwood Futrell (b. 1940), American dean, school administrator and high school teacher
- Michael "Mike" Futrell (b. 1960), American attorney, United States Navy officer, public official, and Republican politician from Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Junius Marion Futrell (1870-1955), Arkansas politician, the 30th Governor of Arkansas (1933 to 1937)
- Bobby Futrell (1962-1992), American NFL football player for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- P. Elmo Futrell Jr. (1916-1993), American real estate appraiser and mayor
- Don Juan Futrell (b. 1974), American boxer
- Jones, Henry Z. Palatine Families of New York 2 Volumes. Rockland, ME: Picton Press, 2001. Print. (ISBN 978-0961388829).
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Karlsruhe. Badisches Generallandesarchiv Baden Emigration lists 1866-1911. Salt Lake City: Microfilm of Card Index by the Genealogical Society of Utah. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Hopeful Journeys German Immigration, Settlement, and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmacher's Grosses Wappenbuch 35 Volumes. Germany: Bauer & Raspe. Print.
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmachers Wappenbuch. München, Battenberg: 1975. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
This page was last modified on 18 November 2012 at 10:03.
on orders of $85 or more