on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Figueroa family come from? What is the Spanish Figueroa family crest and coat of arms? When did the Figueroa family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Figueroa family history?Noble surnames, such as Figueroa, evoke images of the ancient homeland of the Spanish people. Figueroa is a local surname; that is, the name was derived from the village or estate where the original bearer of the name once lived or held land.
The Figueroa family originally lived in the area of Figueroa which at one time belonged to both Portugal and Spain.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Figueroa, de Figueroa, Figuera, Figueras, Figueres, Figuero, Figueros, Figueredo, de Figueredo, Figuerola, Figarola, Higuera, de la Higuera, Higueras, de las Higueras, Higuero and many more.
First found in Galicia, in the northwestern region of Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Figueroa research. Another 442 words (32 lines of text) covering the years 1139, 1277, and 1652 are included under the topic Early Figueroa History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 107 words (8 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Figueroa Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Alonso de Figueroa came to America in 1516
- Sancho de Figueroa came to America in 1527
- Gonzalo de Figueroa came to America in 1528
- Bartolomé de Figueroa came to Hispaniola in 1534
- Cristóbal de Figueroa came to the Spanish Main in 1534
Figueroa Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Alonso de Figueroa, an officer who voyaged to America early in the seventeenth century, journeyed to Peru and Chile, where he was named Governor, and he later became Governor of Bogota and died in 1652
Figueroa Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Alonso De Figueroa, who landed in America in 1816
- Diego De Figueroa, who arrived in America in 1816
- Sancho De Figueroa, who arrived in America in 1827
- Gonzalo De Figueroa, who landed in America in 1828
- Bartolome De Figueroa, who landed in Dominican Republic in 1834
- Pedro de Castro y Figueroa (1685-1741), Spanish viceroy of New Spain (1740 to 1741)
- Francisco de Figueroa (1530-1588), Spanish poet
- Óscar Figueroa (b. 1983), Colombian weightlifter and silver medalist
- Miguel Figueroa (b. 1953), Canadian politician, head of the Communist Party of Canada
- Maynor Figueroa (b. 1983), Honduran footballer
- Juan Figueroa, president of Universal Health Care Foundation of Connecticut
- José Figueroa Alcorta (1860-1931), President of Argentina (1906 to 1910)
- Francisco Acuña de Figueroa (1790-1862), Uruguayan poet
- Fernando Figueroa (1849-1919), President of El Salvador 1907–1911
- Federico Brito Figueroa (1921-2000), Venezuelan historian and anthropologist
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Caballeros de La Orden de Santiago Siglo XVIII. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1996. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Diez, Ma Del Carmen Galbis. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias Durante los siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Archivo General de Indias Sevilla Volume 6. Murcia, Spain: Ministerio de Cultura, 1986. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Carr, Raymond. Spain, 1808-1975. 2nd Ed. . Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1982. Print. (ISBN 978-0198221272).
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
The Figueroa Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Figueroa Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 23 September 2015 at 10:53.
on orders of $85 or more