on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: Irish, Italian, Spanish
Where did the Italian Estes family come from? What is the Italian Estes family crest and coat of arms? When did the Estes family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Estes family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Este, Estes, d'Estes, Destes and others.
First found in Ferrara, a city and comune in Emilia-Romagna, northern Italy, capital city of the Province of Ferrara. History dates the city back to 753. It was at war with Venice in 1471. It is a walled city and notable is the Church of S.Cristoforo. Knitted goods and shawls are made. This very distinguished family held seats in Ferrara, Padova and Modena as early as 972. Castle d'Este was begun at an early date. The Marchese d'Este was the first of the line.In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time was in itself a family honor.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Estes research. Another 219 words(16 lines of text) covering the years 1288, 1344, 1415, 1395, 1415, 1474, 1539, 1479, 1520, 1509, 1572, 1476, 1534, 1531, 1607, 1413, 1471, 1450, 1591, 1644, 1628, 1629, 1610 and 1658 are included under the topic Early Estes History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 509 words(36 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Estes Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Estes Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Matthew Estes, who arrived in New Hampshire in 1676
Estes Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Jean Estes, who came to New York in 1832
- Jane Estes, who arrived in New York, NY in 1832
- Elisabethe Estes, who settled in New York in 1832
- Cretiers Estes, who settled in New York in 1832
- J. M. Estes, who settled in New Orleans in 1850
Estes Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Louisa Estes, who arrived in Kansas in 1900
Estes Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- James Estes, who came to Ontario in 1871
- Eleanor Estes (1906-1988), American children's author
- Richard Despard Estes (b. 1928), American biologist
- Bob Estes (b. 1966), American professional PGA golfer
- Richard Estes (b. 1932), American painter, from Evanston, Ill, one of the best-known American exponents of photorealism, he is noted for his street scenes
- John Adam Estes (1904-1977), nicknamed "Sleepy John Estes", American blues singer, guitarist, and composer
- Patrick Brion Estes (b. 1983), American NFL football offensive tackle
- Aaron Shawn Estes (b. 1973), American former Major League Baseball pitcher
- Simon Estes (b. 1938), African-American operatic bass-baritone
- Vernon "Vern" Estes (b. 1930), American founder of Estes Industries, the model rocket production company in Penrose, Colorado
- Will Estes (b. 1978), born William Estes Nipper, an American actor best known for his role as JJ Pryor, on the television show American Dreams
- Carey-Estes Genealogy by May Folk Webb.
- The Estes Family of Virginia, Southern Kentucky, Iowa, Missouri, and Kansas and Their Ancestor Families-Yates, Marshall, Stockton by Lucille Alexander.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Fucilla, Josheph G. Our Italian Surnames. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1987. Print. (ISBN 0806311878).
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Colletta, John P. Finding Italian Roots The Complete Guide for Americans. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2003. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Bascapè, Giacomo and Marcello del Piazzo. Insegne e Simboli Araldica pubblica e privata medievale e moderna. Rome: 1983. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Glazier, Ira A. and P. Williams Filby Edition. Italians to America. Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield. Print.
- Guelfi Camajani, Piero. Dizionario Araldico 1940 Reprint Arnoaldo Forni. Milan: 1978. Print.
- Stiens, Robert E. Passenger list Italy to New York 1893 In Italian Genealogist. Torrance, CA: Augustan Society No 3, 1983. Print.
The Estes Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Estes Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 28 May 2014 at 12:50.
on orders of $85 or more