100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Eisele family come from? What is the German Eisele family crest and coat of arms? When did the Eisele family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Eisele family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Eisel, Eiseler, Eisell, Eisele, Eisler, Eislen, Eysel, Eyseler, Isell, Eysell, Eisell, Aisel, Aiseler, Aissler, Aysel, Ayseler, Eisele, Eiselen and many more.
First found in Austria, where in medieval times the name Eisel was closely associated to important social and political advancements of the region's feudal society. Being prominent in local affairs, the Eisel family often intermarried with other reputable families, some of whom played important roles in the territorial conflicts of the period.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Eisele research. Another 223 words(16 lines of text) covering the years 1635 and 1688 are included under the topic Early Eisele History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 23 words(2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Eisele Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Eisele Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Lorien Eisele, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1749
Eisele Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- George Eisele, who landed in Mississippi in 1847
- Philip Martin Eisele, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1850
- Sabe Eisele, aged 18, landed in New York in 1854
- Stephan Eisele, aged 17, arrived in New York in 1854
- Peter Eisele, who landed in St Clair County, Illinois in 1859
- Garnett Thomas Eisele (b. 1923), United States District Judge for the Eastern District of Arkansas
- John Lincoln Eisele (1884-1933), American silver medalist at the 1908 Summer Olympics
- Donn Fulton Eisele (b. 1930), American astronaut, and the command module pilot of Apollo 7, the first manned Apollo space flight in October 1968
- John Allan Eisele (b. 1929), American physicist
- Hans Eisele (1940-2002), German football player
- Alois Eisele (1914-2008), German Major in the Wehrmacht during World War II, recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves and the Close Combat Clasp in Gold
- George Raymond "Spud" Eisele (1923-1942), United States Naval Reserve sailor killed in action on November 12, 1942, posthumously awarded the Navy Cross, eponym of the USS Eisele
- Kneschke, Dr. Ernest Heinrich. Neues allgemeines Deutsches Adels-Lexicon 9 Volumes New General German Aristocracy Lexicon. Leipzig: Friedrich Voigt, 1859. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Brechenmacher, Josef Karlmann. Deutches Namenbuch. Stuttgart: Verlag von Adolf Bonz & Comp, 1928. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans (Edda Gentry trns). Dictionary of German Names . Madison, Wisconsin: Max Kade Institute, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-924119-35-7).
- Schenk, Trudy. Wuerttemberg Emigration Index Volume I-VIII. Salt Lake City: Ancestry Inc., 1986. Print.
- Preuss, Otto. Die Lippischen Familiennamen mit Berücksichtigung der Ortsnamen. Detmold: Meyer'sche Hofbuchh, 1887. Print.
- Oswald, G. Lexicon der Heraldik. Leipzig: 1984. Print.
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmacher's Grosses Wappenbuch 35 Volumes. Germany: Bauer & Raspe. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
The Eisele Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Eisele Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 25 March 2013 at 09:24.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!