Easterling History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
There has been suggestion that the Easterling surname arrived in Britain with the Danes, well before 1066. However, it seems that at least one line of Easterling returned to Britain after 13th century crusades, deriving from Strattligen, Switzerland.
Early Origins of the Easterling family
The surname Easterling was first found in Warwickshire. Early on, Sir Peter Stradling, who already held Neath Castle, Glamorgan, Wales, married Joan de Hawey, heiress of St Donat's Castle. He also acquired estates in Somerset and Dorset. In some instances, the surname was Latinized Easter Lingus which was corrupted to Estarling. First on record appears to be sir John Stradling (circa 1230-1293).
Early History of the Easterling family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Easterling research. Another 107 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1611, 1642, 1529, 1609, 1498, 1571, 1563, 1637, 1608, 1620, 1601, 1644, 1640, 1624, 1660, 1643, 1685, 1672, 1735, 1698, 1700, 1701, 1710, 1722, 1620, 1688 and 1672 are included under the topic Early Easterling History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Easterling Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Estarling, Esterling, Easterling, Eastarling and many more.
Early Notables of the Easterling family (pre 1700)
Notable amongst the Clan from early times was Sir Edward Stradling (1529-1609), English scholar and patron of literature, the eldest son of Sir Thomas Stradling (1498?-1571); Sir John Stradling, 1st Baronet (1563-1637), a British poet, scholar and politician, Sheriff of Glamorgan from 1608 to 1620; Sir Edward Stradling, 2nd Baronet (1601-1644), a Welsh politician, Member of Parliament...
Another 57 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Easterling Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Easterling migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Easterling Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Albert Easterling, aged 30, who landed in America from Henley, in 1903
- Charles W. Easterling, aged 23, who immigrated to America, in 1909
- P.T. Easterling, aged 26, who immigrated to the United States, in 1915
- Thomas Easterling, aged 29, who landed in America, in 1915
- Thomas L. Easterling, aged 30, who settled in America, in 1916
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Easterling (post 1700) +
- Ruth Elizabeth Moss Easterling (1910-2006), Democratic member of the North Carolina House of Representatives
- Ray Easterling (b. 1949), American safety for the Atlanta Falcons
- Keller Easterling, American architect, urbanist, writer, and teacher
- Paul Easterling (1905-1993), American former Major League Baseball outfielder
- Woods Easterling, American Democratic Party politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Mississippi, 1920 
- William Easterling, American politician, Member of North Carolina House of Commons from Lenoir County, 1800 
- W. C. Easterling, American Republican politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Texas 16th District, 1920 
- F. A. Easterling, American Republican politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Kentucky 8th District, 1942 
- Barbara Easterling, American Democratic Party politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Virginia, 1996, 2000, 2004, 2008; Member of Democratic National Committee from Virginia, 2004-08 
- Patricia Elizabeth Easterling (b. 1934), English classical scholar
Related Stories +