on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname Dula was first found in Dauphine.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Dulac, Dulau, Dulacq and others.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Dula research. Another 65 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1706, 1737, 1762, 1781, 1802, 1805, 1850, 1857, and 1865 are included under the topic Early Dula History in all our PDF Extended History products
Another 176 words (13 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Dula Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Guillaume Dulac, who married in 1746 in Longue-Pointe, Quebec; Charles DuLac married in 1781 in Detroit, Michigan, U.S.A.; Alexis Dulac lived in Berthier in 1861.
- Thomas C. Dula (1845-1868), American Confederate soldier who was convicted of murdering Laura Foster; his life story inspired the folk song "Tom Dooley" which has been recorded by The Kingston Trio in 1958
- Guérard, Albert Léon. France: a Modern History. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 1959. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- De Ville, Winston. Gulf Coast Colonials, A Compendium of French Families in Early Eighteenth Century Louisiana. Baltimore, MD: Clearfield, 1999. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
This page was last modified on 8 October 2015 at 08:10.
on orders of $85 or more