on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the French Dula family come from? When did the Dula family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Dula family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Dulac, Dulau, Dulacq and others.
First found in Dauphine.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Dula research. Another 65 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1706, 1737, 1762, 1781, 1802, 1805, 1850, 1857, and 1865 are included under the topic Early Dula History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 176 words (13 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Dula Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Guillaume Dulac, who married in 1746 in Longue-Pointe, Quebec; Charles DuLac married in 1781 in Detroit, Michigan, U.S.A.; Alexis Dulac lived in Berthier in 1861.
- Thomas C. Dula (1845-1868), American Confederate soldier who was convicted of murdering Laura Foster; his life story inspired the folk song "Tom Dooley" which has been recorded by The Kingston Trio in 1958
- de la Porte, A. Tresor Heraldique. Paris: F. Casterman, 1864. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore. Print.
- De Ville, Winston. Gulf Coast Colonials, A Compendium of French Families in Early Eighteenth Century Louisiana. Baltimore, MD: Clearfield, 1999. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
This page was last modified on 8 October 2015 at 08:10.
on orders of $85 or more