on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Cruz family come from? What is the Spanish Cruz family crest and coat of arms? When did the Cruz family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Cruz family history?The prestigious surname Cruz originated in Spain, a country which has figured prominently in world affairs for hundreds of years.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Cruz, de Cruz, de la Cruz, Cruces, Cruzado and others.
First found in Castile, in north central Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Cruz research. Another 407 words (29 lines of text) covering the years 1082 and 1693 are included under the topic Early Cruz History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 136 words (10 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Cruz Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Miguel de la Cruz, who sailed to America in 1513
- Hernando de la Cruz sailed to Río de la Plata in 1535
- Gabriel de la Cruz sailed to Hispaniola in 1536
- Pedro de la Cruz sailed to Puerto Rico in 1537
- Francisco de la Cruz sailed to New Spain in 1538
Cruz Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Miguel DeLa Cruz, who landed in America in 1813
- Manuel DeLa Cruz, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1816
- Rafael DeLa Cruz, who landed in Texas in 1835
- Maria DeLa Cruz, who landed in Texas in 1835
- A Cruz, aged 24, landed in New Orleans, La in 1838
Cruz Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Gregorio Cruz, who landed in Texas in 1910
- Manuel Cruz, who arrived in Texas in 1910
- Santiago Cruz, who landed in Texas in 1910
- Porfirio Cruz, who arrived in Texas in 1910
- John Cruz (b. 1951), American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from California, 2004
- John Cruz, American Libertarian politician, Candidate for Michigan State Senate 6th District, 1982
- Janet Cruz, American Democrat politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Florida, 1996
- Eduardo Cruz, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Guam, 2008
- Damon Cruz, American Libertarian politician, Candidate for Alaska State Senate District L, 1994
- Benjamin J. F. Cruz, American Democrat politician, Member of Democratic National Committee from Guam, 2004; Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Guam, 2004, 2008
- Barney Cruz, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from New Mexico, 1952
- Angel Cruz, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Pennsylvania, 2004
- Ana M. Cruz, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Florida, 2000, 2008; Presidential Elector for Florida, 2012
- John Cruz, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Massachusetts, 2008
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Caballeros de La Orden de Santiago Siglo XVIII. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1996. Print.
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Atienza, Julio De Atienza. Español: Diccionario Heraldico De Apellidos Españoles Y De Titulos Nobiliarios. Madrid: Aguilar, 1959. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- García Carraffa, Alberto and Arturo. Diccionario Heráldico y Genealógico de Apellidos Españoles y Americanos 88 Volumes. Madrid: A. Marzo. Print.
- Domínguez, C. Hispano de Apellidos y Blasones. 4 Vols. 2001. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
The Cruz Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Cruz Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 2 November 2015 at 11:20.
on orders of $85 or more