on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: English, German, Italian, Spanish
Where did the Italian Corte family come from? When did the Corte family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Corte family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Corte, Corti, Da Corte, Dalla Corte, Della Corte, La Corte, Cortella, Cortello, Cortelli, Cortelletti, Cortellino, Cortellini, Corticelli, Cortini, Cortese, Cortesi, Corteggiano, Cortigiani, Cortesano and many more.
First found in the several places named "Corte," in Italy. The Italian word corte means "court," as in a manorial court. The surname can be traced back to the year 1123, when members of the Corte family lived in Salerno.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Corte research. More information is included under the topic Early Corte History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 239 words(17 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Corte Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Corte Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Francisco Corte, aged 28, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1837
- Mariano Corte, aged 28, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1847
- J Corte, aged 28, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1859
- Salustiano Corte, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1883
- Joseph Corte, who landed in Colorado in 1883
Corte Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- James Corte arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "David Malcolm" in 1847
- Roch Joseph Laurent Hyacinthe Corte, French Brigadier General during the French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars from 1789 to 1815
- Colletta, John P. Finding Italian Roots The Complete Guide for Americans. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2003. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Guelfi Camajani, Piero. Dizionario Araldico 1940 Reprint Arnoaldo Forni. Milan: 1978. Print.
- Gheno, Antonio. Contributo alla Bibliografia Genealogica Italiana. Bologna: Forni, 1924. Print.
- Glazier, Ira A. and P. Williams Filby Edition. Italians to America. Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Di Crollalanza, Goffredo. Enciclopedia araldico cavalleresca Prontuario nobiliare. Pisa: Presso La Direzione Del Giorale Araldica , 1878. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Bongioanni, Angelo. Nomi e Cognomi. Saggio di Ricerche Etimologiche e Storiche. Torino: A. Forni, 1979. Print.
This page was last modified on 13 February 2015 at 10:39.
on orders of $85 or more