100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: French, Irish, Spanish
Where did the French Castillo family come from? What is the French Castillo family crest and coat of arms? When did the Castillo family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Castillo family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Castillon, Castillau, Castillo, Casttilon, Casttilonne, Gastillon, Gastilon, Gastillau, Gastillo, Castilon, Castillone, Castillau, Cassttilon, Cassttilone, Casstilon, Casstilone, Casttillon, Casttillone, Cassttillon, Cassttillone, Casttilonne, Casstilonne, Casstilonne, Casttillone, Gastillone, Gasttilon, Gasttilone, Gassttilon, Gassttilone, Gasstilon, Gasstilone, Gasttillon, Gasttillone, Gassttillon, Gassttillone, Gasttilonne, Gasstilonne, Gasstilonne and many more.
First found in Languedoc, where the family has held a family seat since ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Castillo research. Another 368 words(26 lines of text) covering the years 1668 and 1680 are included under the topic Early Castillo History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 21 words(2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Castillo Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Catalina Castillo, who arrived in Cartagena in 1597
Castillo Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Maria Del Castillo settled in New Orleans in 1778
- Josefa Del Castillo settled in New Orleans in 1779
- Geronimo Castillo settled in Louisiana in 1779
Castillo Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Antonio Castillo, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1803
- Manuel Castillo, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1803
- Rafael Del Castillo, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1803
- Bartolome Del Castillo, who arrived in America in 1812
- Gonzalo Del Castillo, who arrived in America in 1814
- Joey Castillo (b. 1966), American rock drummer
- Ana Castillo (b. 1953), Mexican-American Chicana novelist, poet, short story writer, and essayist
- Brian Castillo (b. 1968), American musician, producer, and photographer
- Frank Anthony Castillo (1969-2013), American Major League Baseball starting pitcher who played from 1991 through 2005
- Robert Ernie "Babo" Castillo Jr. (1955-2014), American Major League Baseball pitcher who played from 1977 to 1985
- Abelardo Castillo (b. 1935), Argentine writer
- Jorge Castillo (b. 1933), Spanish-Argentine painter and sculptor
- Braulio Castillo (b. 1968), Dominican Republic professional baseball player
- Eliseo Castillo (b. 1975), Cuban professional boxer
- Sergio Badilla Castillo (b. 1947), Chilean poet
- De Ville, Winston. Gulf Coast Colonials, A Compendium of French Families in Early Eighteenth Century Louisiana. Baltimore, MD: Clearfield, 1999. Print.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Conrad, Glenn R. The First Families of Louisiana. Baton Rouge LA: Claitor's Publishing, 1970. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- de la Porte, A. Tresor Heraldique. Paris: F. Casterman, 1864. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Vaillancourt, Emile. La Conquete du Canada par les Normands. Biographie de la premiere generation Normande du Canada. Montreal: G. Ducharme, 1930. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
The Castillo Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Castillo Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 2 March 2015 at 12:46.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!