100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Noble surnames, such as Bolduc, evoke images of the ancient homeland of the French people. The original bearer of the name Bolduc, which is a local
surname, once lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful Ile de France region. In France, hereditary surnames
were adopted according to fairly general rules and during the late Middle Ages, names that were derived from localities became increasingly widespread. Local
names originally denoted the proprietorship of the village or estate.The Bolduc family originally derived its surname from the name of the place in Ile-de-France, where the ancestors of this family possessed properties and manors.
The surname Bolduc was first found in Ile-de-France, where the ancestors of this family possessed properties and manors.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bolduc, Bollduc, Le Bolduc, Lebolduc, Bolduque, Bollduque, Le Bollduc and many more.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bolduc research. Another 146 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1580 and 1789 are included under the topic Early Bolduc History in all our PDF Extended History products
More information is included under the topic Early Bolduc Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bolduc Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Mr. Bolduc, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1850
Bolduc Settlers in Canada in the 17th Century
- Louis Bolduc married Elizabeth, daughter of Claude Hubert and Isabelle Fontaine, of Saint-Gervais, Quebec in 1668
Bolduc Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- M. Bolduc, who was established in Saint-Jacques d'Embrun, in the county of Russel, Ontario
- Daniel George 'Dan" Bolduc (b. 1953), American retired professional ice hockey player who played from 1975 to 1985, he represented the United States in the 1976 Canada Cup and 1979 Ice Hockey World Championship
- J P Bolduc (b. 1931), American business executive, senior Vice-President of W.R. Grace and Co.(1983-1986), Chief Financial Officer and Vice-Chairman (1986-1990)
- Vincent Bolduc (b. 1978), Canadian actor, known for Les intrépides (1993), Tirelire Combines & Cie (1992) and Les débrouillards (1989)
- Nicolas Bolduc (b. 1973), Canadian two-time Genie Award and two-time Canadian Society of Cinematographers Award winning cinematographer, known for his work on Enemy (2013), Rebelle (2012) and Next Floor (2008)
- André Bolduc (b. 1971), former Canadian football slotback and currently an assistant coach with the Montreal Alouettes
- Kim Bolduc, head of the United Nations mission for the Referendum in Western Sahara
- Michel Bolduc (b. 1961), retired Canadian ice hockey defenceman who played 10 NHL games for the Quebec Nordiques
- Alexandre Bolduc (b. 1985), Canadian professional ice hockey centre
- Mary Rose-Anna Bolduc (1894-1941), née Travers, a French Canadian singer and musician, known as the Queen of Canadian Folksingers
- Yves Bolduc (b. 1957), Canadian physician and politician, member of the National Assembly of Quebec of the Quebec City riding of Jean-Talon (2008-2015)
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Guérard, Albert Léon. France: a Modern History. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 1959. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- D'Hozier Charles. Armorial Général de France. Paris: Dillon, 1875. Print.
The Bolduc Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Bolduc Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 18 March 2016 at 19:56.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!