Bobadilla History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Bobadilla family
The surname Bobadilla was first found in Sardinia (Italian: Sardegna, Sardinian: Sardigna), the second largest island in the Mediterranean Sea. In 238 B.C the Carthaginians revolted and Rome took over. Saracens occupied 720 A.D. 1164 found Frederick Barbarosa giving the island to Barisone. Pisans succeeded in the 13th. Arragons took over in 1403 and it remained a Spanish province until the War of the Spanish Succession. At this time many of this military family branched to Spain. In 1848 complete political union with Piedmont and Italy was granted the island. Piedmont, Piemonte, Pedemons, a territorial division of northern Italy at the foot of the Alps consisting of the provinces of Alessandria, Cuneo, Novara and Turin. Later Aosta and Vercelli were added and still later, Asti. History is related back to 49 B.C. The house of Savoy rose in 1000 A.D. Historical close links with Sardinia made traffic between the Island and the mainland popular and the Bobbo family established close links with Liguria and Alessandria. The latter family originated in 1300 with Giovani IV Bobba who was also of Moferrato. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Important Dates for the Bobadilla family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bobadilla research. Another 76 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Bobadilla History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bobadilla Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bobo, Boba, Bobba, Bobbo, Bobbio, Boboe, Bobbeo and others.
Early Notables of the Bobadilla family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Bobadilla Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bobadilla migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Bobadilla Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Bobadilla Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Toribio De Bobadilla, who arrived in America in 1817 
- Dionisio Dc Bobadilla, who landed in Peru in 1834 
- Beatriz De Bobadilla, who landed in Peru in 1879 
Contemporary Notables of the name Bobadilla (post 1700)
- Aldo Antonio Bobadilla Ávalos (b. 1976), Paraguayan retired football goalkeeper
- Daniela Bobadilla (b. 1993), Mexican actress
- Raúl Marcelo Bobadilla (b. 1987), Argentine football player
You May Also Like
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)