Bartolo History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Bartolo family
The surname Bartolo was first found in Florence (Italian: Firenze), where several bearers of the Bartolo family name played prominent roles in the affairs of that city from 1373 to 1473. There were several of the family ennobled. Bartolomeo Bartolini of Perugia was awarded the feudal domain of Biscina in 1499. Members of a family bearing the name Bartolini from Udine were admitted to the Noble Council of the city in 1516. Leonardo Bartolini was Archbishop of Pisa in 1518. Girolamo Bartolini was mayor of Sassuolo in 1576.
Early History of the Bartolo family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bartolo research. Another 49 words (4 lines of text) covering the years 1537, 1813, 1875, 1346, 1427, 1503, 1572, 1606, 1656, 1656, 1608, 1685, 1615, 1700, 1657, 1725, 1667, 1670, 1680, 1709, 1777 and 1850 are included under the topic Early Bartolo History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bartolo Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bartaloni, Bartoloni, Bartolone, Bartolacci, Bartolaccini, Bartalena, Bartolena, Bartalesi, Bartocci, Bartozzi, Bortuzzi, Bortuzzo, Bortoli, Bortolo, Bortol, Bortul, Bortoletti, Bortoletto, Bortolini, Bortolino, Bortolin and many more.
Early Notables of the Bartolo family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was the Bartoli family of Velletri, who were involved in government in 1346; the Bartoli family of Siena, who were recognized as nobility; Jacopo Bartoli, a military captain of the Sienese army in Brescia; the Bartoli family of Florence, of whom 11 members became priests; Carlo d'Agnolino Bartoli, made Bishop of Siena in 1427; Cosimo Bartoli (1503-1572), Italian diplomat, mathematician, philologist, and humanist; Erasmo Bartoli Filippino (Erasmo di Bartolo) (1606-1656), an Italian priest, composer, and teacher at the conservatories in...
Another 85 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Bartolo Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Bartolo family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Chretien Bortoli, who arrived in America on May 31, 1883 aboard the "Labrador," bound for Chicago; Mr. N. Bartoli, who arrived at New York May 28, 1884 aboard the ".
Contemporary Notables of the name Bartolo (post 1700) +
- Sal Bartolo (1917-2002), American boxer, National Boxing Association featherweight champion (1944 through 1946)
- Adolph Marion Bartolo (b. 1929), American director of Sugar Industry Technologists Inc. in Louisiana
- Ernest P. Bartolo Jr., American politician, Mayor of Westover, West Virginia, 1977-78 
- Evarist Bartolo (b. 1953), Maltese politician within the Labour Party
- Bartolo Pellegrino (d. 2019), Italian politician, Sicilian Regional Deputy
- Bartolo Colon (b. 1973), Major League Baseball starting pitcher from Dominican Republic
Historic Events for the Bartolo family +
HMS Royal Oak
- John Bartolo (1911-1939), born in Valletta, Malta, Maltese Steward with the Royal Navy aboard the HMS Royal Oak when she was torpedoed by U-47 and sunk; he died in the sinking 
Related Stories +
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 19) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- ^ Ships hit by U-boats crew list HMS Royal Oak (08) - (Retrieved 2018 February, 9th) - retrieved from https://uboat.net/allies/merchants/crews/ship68.html