Bartolo History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Bartolo family
The surname Bartolo was first found in Austria, where the name Bartoldi came from humble beginnings but gained a significant reputation for its contribution to the emerging mediaeval society. It later became more prominent as many branches of the same house acquired new estates, often in new locations. The acquisition of these new lands, combined with their great contributions to society, succeeded in elevating their social status.
Early History of the Bartolo family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bartolo research. Another 94 words (7 lines of text) covering the year 1804 is included under the topic Early Bartolo History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bartolo Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Barthold, Bartholdi, Barthold, Bartholdt, Bartoldi, Berthold, Bartholdy, Bartholdi, Bartholdie, Bartoldy, Bartholdy, Bartolo, Bartheld and many more.
Early Notables of the Bartolo family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Bartolo Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Bartolo family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Johan Barthold who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1737; as well as other settlers who traveled to and established themselves along the eastern coasts of the United States and Canada in the 18th and 19th centuries..
Contemporary Notables of the name Bartolo (post 1700) +
- Sal Bartolo (1917-2002), American boxer, National Boxing Association featherweight champion (1944 through 1946)
- Adolph Marion Bartolo (b. 1929), American director of Sugar Industry Technologists Inc. in Louisiana
- Ernest P. Bartolo Jr., American politician, Mayor of Westover, West Virginia, 1977-78 
- Evarist Bartolo (b. 1953), Maltese politician within the Labour Party
- Bartolo Pellegrino (d. 2019), Italian politician, Sicilian Regional Deputy
- Bartolo Colon (b. 1973), Major League Baseball starting pitcher from Dominican Republic
Historic Events for the Bartolo family +
HMS Royal Oak
- John Bartolo (1911-1939), born in Valletta, Malta, Maltese Steward with the Royal Navy aboard the HMS Royal Oak when she was torpedoed by U-47 and sunk; he died in the sinking 
Related Stories +
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 19) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- ^ Ships hit by U-boats crew list HMS Royal Oak (08) - (Retrieved 2018 February, 9th) - retrieved from https://uboat.net/allies/merchants/crews/ship68.html