on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the English Askey family come from? When did the Askey family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Askey family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Askey, Aske, Askew, Aiscough, Ayscoghe, Asker, Ayscough, Aiskey and many more.
First found in the county of Cumberland, where they held a family seat from very ancient times before the Norman Conquest of England in 1066.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Askey research. Another 281 words (20 lines of text) covering the years 1350, 1590, 1911, 1521, 1546, 1540, 1438, 1450, 1558, 1590, 1641, 1624, 1596, 1654, 1618, 1668, 1659, 1550, 1616, 1616, 1671, 1618, 1668, 1659, 1619, 1689, 1650, 1699, 1685, 1699, 1699 and 1774 are included under the topic Early Askey History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 369 words (26 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Askey Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Askey Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- Sarah Askey arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Wild Duck" in 1860
- Robert J. Askey, American politician, Mayor of Longmont, Colorado, 1979-81
- Tom Askey (b. 1974), American professional NHL ice hockey goaltender
- Richard Allen Askey (b. 1933), American mathematician
- Mr. C Askey, English Petty Officer Telegraphist from Ingrow, Yorkshire, England, who sailed into battle on the HMS Repulse and survived the sinking
- Anthea Shirley Askey (1933-1999), English television actress who was a popular in the 1950s
- Arthur Bowden Askey (1900-1982), English comedian
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Hinde, Thomas Ed. The Domesday Book England's Heritage Then and Now. Surrey: Colour Library Books, 1995. Print. (ISBN 1-85833-440-3).
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- MacAulay, Thomas Babington. History of England from the Accession of James the Second 4 volumes. New York: Harper and Brothers, 1879. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Library of Congress. American and English Genealogies in the Library of Congress. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1967. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
This page was last modified on 11 November 2015 at 07:56.
on orders of $85 or more