on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Askey family come from? When did the Askey family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Askey family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Askey, Aske, Askew, Aiscough, Ayscoghe, Asker, Ayscough, Aiskey and many more.
First found in the county of Cumberland, where they held a family seat from very ancient times before the Norman Conquest of England in 1066.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Askey research. Another 281 words(20 lines of text) covering the years 1350, 1590, 1911, 1521, 1546, 1550, 1616, 1616, 1671, 1618, 1668, 1659, 1619, 1689, 1650, 1699, 1685, 1699, 1699 and 1774 are included under the topic Early Askey History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 261 words(19 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Askey Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Askey Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- Sarah Askey arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Wild Duck" in 1860
- Richard Allen Askey (b. 1933), American mathematician
- Tom Askey (b. 1974), American professional NHL ice hockey goaltender
- Arthur Bowden Askey (1900-1982), English comedian
- Anthea Shirley Askey (1933-1999), English television actress who was a popular in the 1950s
- Mr. C Askey, English Petty Officer Telegraphist from Ingrow, Yorkshire, England, who sailed into battle on the HMS Repulse and survived the sinking
- The Norman People and Their Existing Descendants in the British Dominions and the United States Of America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0636-X).
- Papworth, J.W and A.W Morant. Ordinary of British Armorials. London: T.Richards, 1874. Print.
- Bowman, George Ernest. The Mayflower Reader A Selection of Articales from The Mayflower Descendent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Hinde, Thomas Ed. The Domesday Book England's Heritage Then and Now. Surrey: Colour Library Books, 1995. Print. (ISBN 1-85833-440-3).
- Hanks, Hodges, Mills and Room. The Oxford Names Companion. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-19-860561-7).
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin, Eds. Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
This page was last modified on 13 November 2014 at 16:21.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
on orders of $85 or more