on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Askey family come from? When did the Askey family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Askey family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Askey, Aske, Askew, Aiscough, Ayscoghe, Asker, Ayscough, Aiskey and many more.
First found in the county of Cumberland, where they held a family seat from very ancient times before the Norman Conquest of England in 1066.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Askey research. Another 281 words(20 lines of text) covering the years 1350, 1590, 1911, 1521, 1546, 1550, 1616, 1616, 1671, 1618, 1668, 1659, 1619, 1689, 1650, 1699, 1685, 1699, 1699 and 1774 are included under the topic Early Askey History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 261 words(19 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Askey Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Askey Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- Sarah Askey arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Wild Duck" in 1860
- Richard Allen Askey (b. 1933), American mathematician
- Tom Askey (b. 1974), American professional NHL ice hockey goaltender
- Arthur Bowden Askey (1900-1982), English comedian
- Anthea Shirley Askey (1933-1999), English television actress who was a popular in the 1950s
- Mr. C Askey, English Petty Officer Telegraphist from Ingrow, Yorkshire, England, who sailed into battle on the HMS Repulse and survived the sinking
- Foster, Joseph. Dictionary of Heraldry Feudal Coats of Arms and Pedigrees. London: Bracken Books, 1989. Print. (ISBN 1-85170-309-8).
- Skordas, Guest. Ed. The Early Settlers of Maryland an Index to Names or Immigrants Complied from Records of Land Patents 1633-1680 in the Hall of Records Annapolis, Maryland. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1968. Print.
- Thirsk, Joan. The Agrarian History of England and Wales. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press: 7 Volumes. Print.
- Markale, J. Celtic Civilization. London: Gordon & Cremonesi, 1976. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Bardsley, C.W. A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6).
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Cook, Chris. English Historical Facts 1603-1688. London: MacMillan, 1980. Print.
- Innes, Thomas and Learney. The Tartans of the Clans and Families of Scotland 1st Edition. Edinburgh: W & A. K. Johnston Limited, 1938. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
This page was last modified on 13 November 2014 at 16:21.
on orders of $85 or more