on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Askey family come from? When did the Askey family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Askey family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Askey, Aske, Askew, Aiscough, Ayscoghe, Asker, Ayscough, Aiskey and many more.
First found in the county of Cumberland, where they held a family seat from very ancient times before the Norman Conquest of England in 1066.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Askey research. Another 281 words(20 lines of text) covering the years 1350, 1590, 1911, 1521, 1546, 1550, 1616, 1616, 1671, 1618, 1668, 1659, 1619, 1689, 1650, 1699, 1685, 1699, 1699 and 1774 are included under the topic Early Askey History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 261 words(19 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Askey Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Askey Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- Sarah Askey arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Wild Duck" in 1860
- Richard Allen Askey (b. 1933), American mathematician
- Tom Askey (b. 1974), American professional NHL ice hockey goaltender
- Arthur Bowden Askey (1900-1982), English comedian
- Anthea Shirley Askey (1933-1999), English television actress who was a popular in the 1950s
- Mr. C Askey, English Petty Officer Telegraphist from Ingrow, Yorkshire, England, who sailed into battle on the HMS Repulse and survived the sinking
- Bullock, L.G. Historical Map of England and Wales. Edinburgh: Bartholomew and Son, 1971. Print.
- Hinde, Thomas Ed. The Domesday Book England's Heritage Then and Now. Surrey: Colour Library Books, 1995. Print. (ISBN 1-85833-440-3).
- Lennard, Reginald. Rural England 1086-1135 A Study of Social and Agrarian Conditions. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1959. Print.
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
- Cook, Chris. English Historical Facts 1603-1688. London: MacMillan, 1980. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Crispin, M. Jackson and Leonce Mary. Falaise Roll Recording Prominent Companions of William Duke of Normandy at the Conquest of England. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Ingram, Rev. James. Translator Anglo-Saxon Chronicle 1823. Print.
This page was last modified on 13 November 2014 at 16:21.
on orders of $85 or more