The surname Albini is an Italian patronymic
surname; that is, it was a name created from the first name of the father. Albini is derived from a "pale" or "pure" person, and is a variant of the Latin personal name
Albinus which was originally derived from the Latin albus, which means white.
Early Origins of the Albini family
The surname Albini was first found in the tiny town of Sestola, just south of Bologna. In 1629 the Albinelli family was registered here. This same year the family moved to Modena and were immediately made nobility. They were also made citizens of the city of Ferrara, nearby. Also in this year, Giambattista Albinelli was made a Cappuccinian monk in Modena.
Early History of the Albini family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Albini research. More information is included under the topic Early Albini History in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Albini Spelling Variations
Italian surnames come in far more variations than the names of most other nationalities. Regional traditions and dialects are a decisive factor in this characteristic. For example, northern names tend to end in "o", while southern in "i". Also important, but not unique to Italy, was the fact that before dictionaries and the printing press most scribes simply spelled words according to their sounds. The predictable result was an enormous number of spelling variations
. The recorded spellings of Albini include Albigni, Albini, Albindo, Albinati, Albinelli, Albinetti, Albino, Albinoni, Albinotti and many more.
Early Notables of the Albini family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Andrea Albinelli, a renowned law professor; Tomasso Giovanni Albinoni (1671-1751), Italian composer; Filippo Albini, Sardinian composer in the 17th century, and Tommaso... Another 28 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Albini Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Albini family to the New World and Oceana
Amongst the settlers in North America with this distinguished name Albini were
Albini Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Pasquale Albini, who settled in New York, NY in 1893
Albini Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Agostino Albini, aged 40, who emigrated to the United States from Mosciano, Italy, in 1907
- Antonio Albini, aged 21, who emigrated to America from Napoli, Italy, in 1907
- Angela Albini, aged 6, who landed in America from Garzeno, Italy, in 1909
- Antonio Albini, aged 34, who emigrated to the United States from Besano, Italy, in 1912
- Achille Albini, aged 20, who landed in America from Gazeno, Italy, in 1912
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Albini Family Crest Products