100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Origins Available: English, French, Irish-Alt
Where did the English Bryant family come from? What is the English Bryant family crest and coat of arms? When did the Bryant family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Bryant family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bryan, Bryant, Brian, Breine, Brine, Bryand, Briand, Briant, Bryane and many more.
First found in Denbigh, south Wales, where they had been granted lands by William the Conqueror for their assistance at the Battle of Hastings in 1066.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bryant research. Another 319 words(23 lines of text) covering the years 1066, 1086, 1150, 1296, 1524, and 1600 are included under the topic Early Bryant History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Bryant Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the Bryant family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. Another 87 words(6 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bryant Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- Stephen Bryant, who arrived in Plymouth, Massachusetts in 1632
- John Bryant, who arrived in Maryland in 1633
- Michaell Bryant, who arrived in Virginia in 1636
- Jon Bryant, who arrived in Virginia in 1652
- Edmund Bryant, who landed in Virginia in 1655
Bryant Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Ellianor Bryant, who landed in Virginia in 1700
- Cornelius Bryant, who arrived in Virginia in 1705
- James Bryant, who arrived in Virginia in 1715
- Benjamin Bryant, who landed in New England in 1716
- Uriah Bryant, who landed in Virginia in 1722
Bryant Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Martin Bryant, who landed in America in 1811
- George Bryant, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1828
- James C Bryant, aged 17, landed in New York in 1830
- Charles Bryant, who landed in New York in 1836
- Charles William Bryant, who landed in Mississippi in 1846
- Paul Williams "Bear" Bryant (1913-1983), American college football coach, best known as the longtime head coach of the University of Alabama football team, and is the namesake of the Paul W. Bryant Museum and Bryant-Denny Stadium
- Boudleaux Bryant (1920-1978), American songwriter and fiddle player
- Charles Bryant (1878-1948), English-born, American actor
- Kobe Bryant (b. 1978), American professional basketball player
- Elbridge "Al" Bryant (1939-1975), American singer, one of the founding members of The Temptations
- Anthony J. Bryant (b. 1961), American historian of Japan
- Antonio Bryant (b. 1981), American football player
- Bart Bryant (b. 1962), American golfer
- Bear Bryant (1913-1983), American college football coach
- Bobby Bryant (b. 1944), American football player
- Cradled in the Mountains: A Brief History: Bryant, Sheppard, and Related Families by Barbara Bryant White.
- Mills, A.D. Dictionary of English Place-Names. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-19-869156-4).
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Hitching, F.K and S. Hitching. References to English Surnames in 1601-1602. Walton On Thames: 1910. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0181-3).
- Bradford, William. History of Plymouth Plantation 1620-1647 Edited by Samuel Eliot Morrison 2 Volumes. New York: Russell and Russell, 1968. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
The Bryant Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Bryant Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 17 April 2014 at 10:16.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!