on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Vankampen Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Jan Brandsen VanKampen, who arrived in New York in 1658
- Harold VanKampen, American politician, Prohibition Candidate for Michigan State House of Representatives from Berrien County 2nd District, 1958
- Robert D. Van Kampen (1938-1999), American businessman and founder of Van Kampen Investments In c., a mutual fund company which was later acquired by Morgan Stanley in 1966
- Egbert Rudolf van Kampen (1908-1942), Belgium-born, American mathematician who made important contributions to topology and the study of fundamental groups
- Robin van Kampen (b. 1994), Dutch chess grandmaster and prodigy; at the age of 14, he won the National Dutch Championship
- Johannes van Kampen (1899-1969), Dutch sprinter at the 1924 Summer Olympics
- Judith van Kampen (b. 1978), Dutch softball player for the Dutch national team at the 2008 Summer Olympics, sister to Michiel van Kampen
- Nicolaas "Nico" Godfried van Kampen (1921-2013), Dutch theoretical physicist
- Michiel van Kampen (b. 1976), Dutch four-time gold medalist baseball player for the Dutch national team
- Bahlow, Hans. Abhandlungen zur Namenforschung und Buchgeschichte. 1980. Print. (ISBN 978-3768690522).
- Grattan, Thomas Colley. Holdan The History of the Netherlands. Charleston, SC: Biblio Bazaar LLC, 2007. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Tapper, Michael Ed. Immigrants to the Middle Colonies A Consolidation of Ship Passenger Lists and Associated Data from The New York Genealogical Biographical Record. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- De Jong, Gerald Francis. The Dutch in America 1609-1974. New York: Twayne, 1975. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmacher's Grosses Wappenbuch 35 Volumes. Germany: Bauer & Raspe. Print.
- Gritzner, M. Handbuch der heraldischen Terminologie in zwölf Zungen. Nürnberg: 1890. Print.
- Götze, Alfred. Familiennamen im badischen Oberland. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1918. Print.
The Vankampen Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Vankampen Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 21 February 2016 at 19:15.
on orders of $85 or more