on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Dutch Vankampen family come from? What is the Dutch Vankampen family crest and coat of arms? When did the Vankampen family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Vankampen family history?
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Vankampen Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Jan Brandsen VanKampen, who arrived in New York in 1658
- Robert D. Van Kampen (1938-1999), American businessman and founder of Van Kampen Investments Inc., a mutual fund company which was later acquired by Morgan Stanley in 1966
- Egbert Rudolf van Kampen (1908-1942), Belgium-born, American mathematician who made important contributions to topology and the study of fundamental groups
- Harold VanKampen, American politician, Prohibition Candidate for Michigan State House of Representatives from Berrien County 2nd District, 1958
- Robin van Kampen (b. 1994), Dutch chess grandmaster and prodigy; at the age of 14, he won the National Dutch Championship
- Johannes van Kampen (1899-1969), Dutch sprinter at the 1924 Summer Olympics
- Judith van Kampen (b. 1978), Dutch softball player for the Dutch national team at the 2008 Summer Olympics, sister to Michiel van Kampen
- Nicolaas "Nico" Godfried van Kampen (1921-2013), Dutch theoretical physicist
- Michiel van Kampen (b. 1976), Dutch four-time gold medalist baseball player for the Dutch national team
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Göbel, Otto. Niederdeutsche Familiennamen der Gegenwart Wolfshagen-Schäbentz. Franz: Westphal, 1936. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmachers Wappenbuch. München: 1975. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Grattan, Thomas Colley. Holdan The History of the Netherlands. Charleston, SC: Biblio Bazaar LLC, 2007. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
The Vankampen Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Vankampen Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 8 October 2015 at 11:31.
on orders of $85 or more