on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Dutch Vankampen family come from? What is the Dutch Vankampen family crest and coat of arms? When did the Vankampen family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Vankampen family history?
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Vankampen Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Jan Brandsen VanKampen, who arrived in New York in 1658
- Egbert Rudolf van Kampen (1908-1942), Belgium-born, American mathematician who made important contributions to topology and the study of fundamental groups
- Robert D. Van Kampen (1938-1999), American businessman and founder of Van Kampen Investments Inc., a mutual fund company which was later acquired by Morgan Stanley in 1966
- Michiel van Kampen (b. 1976), Dutch four-time gold medalist baseball player for the Dutch national team
- Nicolaas "Nico" Godfried van Kampen (1921-2013), Dutch theoretical physicist
- Judith van Kampen (b. 1978), Dutch softball player for the Dutch national team at the 2008 Summer Olympics, sister to Michiel van Kampen
- Johannes van Kampen (1899-1969), Dutch sprinter at the 1924 Summer Olympics
- Robin van Kampen (b. 1994), Dutch chess grandmaster and prodigy; at the age of 14, he won the National Dutch Championship
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- De Jong, Gerald Francis. The Dutch in America 1609-1974. New York: Twayne, 1975. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Tarneller, Josef. Zur Namenkunde Tirolen Familiennamen. Bozen: Buchhandlung, 1923. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Gritzner, M. Handbuch der heraldischen Terminologie in zwölf Zungen. Nürnberg: 1890. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Schenk, Trudy. Wuerttemberg Emigration Index Volume I-VIII. Salt Lake City: Ancestry Inc., 1986. Print.
- Nied, Edmund. Fraenkische Familiennamen urkundlich gesammelt und sprachlich gedeutet. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1933. Print.
The Vankampen Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Vankampen Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 7 December 2014 at 17:06.
on orders of $85 or more