Van Slyke History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Van Slyke family
The surname Van Slyke was first found in Holland, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in Limburg, the smallest, southernmost province of the Netherlands
. The capital of the province is Mastricht, noted for its contribution to the modern treaty for the E.E.C. Other notable towns are Crefeld and Breda and Nijmwegan. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Early History of the Van Slyke family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Van Slyke research.Another 268 words (19 lines of text) covering the years 1834 and 1839 are included under the topic Early Van Slyke History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Van Slyke Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Van Slyke, Van Slype, Van Slike, Van Slyck, Van Slyk, Van Slipe, Slyps and many more.
Early Notables of the Van Slyke family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Van Slyke Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Van Slyke family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Van Slyke Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Dolphus Skinner VanSlyke, who settled in San Francisco sometime between 1850 and 1864
- D. S. VanSlyke, who settled in San Francisco in 1852
Contemporary Notables of the name Van Slyke (post 1700)
- Scott T. Van Slyke (b. 1986), American Major League Baseball outfielder, son of Andy Van Slyke
- Steven Van Slyke, American chemist, best known for his work with Organic Light Emitting Diodes
- Andrew James "Andy" Van Slyke (b. 1960), retired American Major League Baseball outfielder
- Tracy Van Slyke, American publisher
Van Slyke Family Crest Products