Van Den brink History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Van Den brink surname is of topographic origin, deriving from the Middle Low German word "brinc," which referred to a raised meadow among the low-lying marshlands. No doubt the first bearers of this name lived or worked on a such a piece of land.
Early Origins of the Van Den brink family
The surname Van Den brink was first found in Holland, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region. The name was first recorded in North Holland, a province of the Netherlands. The principal cities are Amsterdam, Haarlem and Hilversum. It was the seat of the old Counts of Holland. One early record is of a Johann Brinkeman, resident of Barth, Pomerania in the year 1334.
Early History of the Van Den brink family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Van Den brink research. Another 69 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1841 and 1892 are included under the topic Early Van Den brink History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Van Den brink Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Brinkerhoff, Brinckerhoff, Brinkahoff, Brinkirhoff, Brinker, Brinkman, Brinckman, Brinck, van den Brinck, Vane ten Brinck, Van den Brink, Brink, Brinks and many more.
Early Notables of the Van Den brink family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Van Den brink Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Van Den brink Ranking
In Netherlands, the name Van Den brink is the 224th most popular surname with an estimated 5,844 people with that name. 
Van Den brink migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Van Den brink Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Chrisje VanDenBrink, aged 18, who arrived in New York, NY in 1846 
- Wouter VanDenBrink, aged 36, who landed in New York, NY in 1846 
- Joh VandenBrink, aged 29, who arrived in Baltimore, Maryland in 1847 
Contemporary Notables of the name Van Den brink (post 1700) +
- Michel van den Brink, American supporter of film, noted for his support of Brutalmoose (2015-2019)
- Selina van den Brink, American art and set decorator, known for her work on Your Honor (2020), Tell me Your Secrets (2019) and Preacher (2017)
- Joke van den Brink (b. 1969), Dutch actress, known for Joop
- Nico van den Brink (b. 1986), Dutch director and writer, known for The Burden (2019), Sweet Tooth (2017) and Spiegeltje (2013) from Delft, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
- Michiel van den Brink, who with his partner Robert Koumans, founded Vandenbrink Design, a Netherlands-based automotive design and coachbuilding company in 2006
- Justin Vandenbrink, Malayalam chef
Related Stories +
- ^ https://forebears.io/netherlands/surnames
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)