Van Den bosch History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The surname Van Den bosch originates from the Old Norse word "buski," meaning "bush," or "woods” thus it is classed at a toponymic surname and was most likely used by a man who lived near a prominent bush. It is equivalent to the English surname "Bush."
Early Origins of the Van Den bosch family
The surname Van Den bosch was first found in Holland.
Early History of the Van Den bosch family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Van Den bosch research. More information is included under the topic Early Van Den bosch History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Van Den bosch Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bosch, van den Bosch, Bos, van den Bos, Bosse and many more.
Early Notables of the Van Den bosch family (pre 1700)
From this era of Dutch history, those of this who distinguished themselves included Hieronymous Bosch (1450-1516), Dutch painter who's work is well-known for the use of fantastic imagery to illustrate moral...
Another 30 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Van Den bosch Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Van Den bosch Ranking
In the United States, the name Van Den bosch is the 18,403rd most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name.  However, in Netherlands, the name Van Den bosch is ranked the 299th most popular surname with an estimated 5,023 people with that name. 
Van Den bosch migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Van Den bosch Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Anneshina VandenBosch, who arrived in New York, NY in 1848
- Anneshina VandenBosch, aged 15, who landed in New York, NY in 1848 
- Folleshina VandenBosch, aged 11, who arrived in New York, NY in 1848 
- Grietje VandenBosch, aged 48, who landed in New York, NY in 1848 
- Hannah VandenBosch, aged 19, who arrived in New York, NY in 1848 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Van Den bosch (post 1700) +
- John H. VandenBosch, American politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from New York, 1912, 1915, 1934; Candidate for New York State Assembly from Monroe County 2nd District, 1932 
- Kyle Vanden Bosch (b. 1978), American professional NFL football player
- Luc Vanden Bosch (b. 1953), Belgian jazz musician
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ https://forebears.io/netherlands/surnames
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, February 2) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html