Early Origins of the Tommasello family
The surname Tommasello was first found in Naples, (Italian: Napoli, Latin: Neapolis) former capital of the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies in southern Italy; it is the chief city of the province of Naples. It shares with Instanbul the claim to be the most beautiful city in Europe. Naples has 237 Churches and 57 Chapels. The National Museum and other galleries contain riches in art and artifacts. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Tommasello family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Tommasello research.Another 134 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1410 and 1810 are included under the topic Early Tommasello History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Tommasello Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Tommasi, Tomasi, Tomci, Tomassi, Tommassi, Tomaz, Tomas, Toma, Tomati, Tomatis, Tomadi, Tomado, Tomasich, Tomassich, Tommaselli, Tommasella, Tommasello, Tommasetti, Tommasini, Tommasuzzi, Tommasoni, Tomasino, Tomasin, Tomassini, Tomasicchio, Tomasuzzi, Tomasoni, Tomassoni, Tomasutti, Tomadini, Tomadin, Tomadoni, Tomaelli, Tomaello, Tomaella, Tomaini, Tomaino and many more.
Early Notables of the Tommasello family (pre 1700)
By the end of the 15th century, southern Italy was known as the Kingdom of Naples, ruled by the house of Aragon
. By the early eighteenth century, the Austrians had gained much of the region, under the rule of the Austrian
emperor Kales VI. However, in 1734, Spaniard Don Carlos defeated... Another 59 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Tommasello Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Tommasello family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Tommasello Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Antonino Tommasello, aged 38, who landed in America from Messina, Italy, in 1905
- Antonio Tommasello, aged 33, who emigrated to America from Pouterande, Italy, in 1907
- Pietro Tommasello, aged 18, who emigrated to the United States from Casteldaccia, Sicily, in 1910
- Giovanna Tommasello, aged 9, who landed in America from Messina, Italy, in 1911
- Sebastiano Tommasello, aged 23, who landed in America from Vizzini, Sicily, in 1912
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)