on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: Czech, German, Ukrainian
Where did the Ukrainian Tkach family come from? What is the Ukrainian Tkach family crest and coat of arms? When did the Tkach family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Tkach family history?The distinguished name Tkach is derived from the Ukrainian "tkach," which is equivalent to the Polish word "tkac" and the Czech "tkat," which all mean "weaver." During the Middle Ages, weaving occupied an extremely important place in the medieval economy.
- Joseph W Tkach, second Pastor General of the Worldwide Church of God
- Joseph Tkach Jr. (b. 1951), third Pastor General of the Worldwide Church of God
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin . Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Humble, Richard. The Fall of Saxon England. New York: Barnes and Noble, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-88029-987-8).
- Markale, J. Celtic Civilization. London: Gordon & Cremonesi, 1976. Print.
- Mills, A.D. Dictionary of English Place-Names. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-19-869156-4).
- Innes, Thomas and Learney. The Tartans of the Clans and Families of Scotland 1st Edition. Edinburgh: W & A. K. Johnston Limited, 1938. Print.
- Lennard, Reginald. Rural England 1086-1135 A Study of Social and Agrarian Conditions. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1959. Print.
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1790. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Foster, Joseph. Dictionary of Heraldry Feudal Coats of Arms and Pedigrees. London: Bracken Books, 1989. Print. (ISBN 1-85170-309-8).
The Tkach Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Tkach Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 19 February 2015 at 20:06.
on orders of $85 or more