on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: Czech, German, Ukrainian
Where did the Ukrainian Tkach family come from? What is the Ukrainian Tkach family crest and coat of arms? When did the Tkach family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Tkach family history?The distinguished name Tkach is derived from the Ukrainian "tkach," which is equivalent to the Polish word "tkac" and the Czech "tkat," which all mean "weaver." During the Middle Ages, weaving occupied an extremely important place in the medieval economy.
- Joseph W Tkach, second Pastor General of the Worldwide Church of God
- Joseph Tkach Jr. (b. 1951), third Pastor General of the Worldwide Church of God
- Bullock, L.G. Historical Map of England and Wales. Edinburgh: Bartholomew and Son, 1971. Print.
- Lennard, Reginald. Rural England 1086-1135 A Study of Social and Agrarian Conditions. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1959. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. General Armory Of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. Print.
- Reaney P.H and R.M. Wilson. A Dictionary of English Surnames. London: Routledge, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-415-05737-X).
- Papworth, J.W and A.W Morant. Ordinary of British Armorials. London: T.Richards, 1874. Print.
- Ingram, Rev. James. Translator Anglo-Saxon Chronicle 1823. Print.
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Crispin, M. Jackson and Leonce Mary. Falaise Roll Recording Prominent Companions of William Duke of Normandy at the Conquest of England. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Holt, J.C. Ed. Domesday Studies. Woodbridge: Boydell, 1987. Print. (ISBN 0-85115-477-8).
The Tkach Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Tkach Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 19 February 2015 at 20:06.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
on orders of $85 or more