on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Origins Available: Czech, German, Ukrainian
Where did the Ukrainian Tkach family come from? What is the Ukrainian Tkach family crest and coat of arms? When did the Tkach family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Tkach family history?The distinguished name Tkach is derived from the Ukrainian "tkach," which is equivalent to the Polish word "tkac" and the Czech "tkat," which all mean "weaver." During the Middle Ages, weaving occupied an extremely important place in the medieval economy.
- Andrew N. Tkach, American politician, Candidate for Minnesota State Senate 10th District, 1950
- Joseph Tkach Jr. (b. 1951), third Pastor General of the Worldwide Church of God
- Joseph W Tkach, second Pastor General of the Worldwide Church of God
- Marcharn, Frederick George. A Constitutional History of Modern England 1485 to the Present. London: Harper and Brothers, 1960. Print.
- Humble, Richard. The Fall of Saxon England. New York: Barnes and Noble, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-88029-987-8).
- Thirsk, Joan. The Agrarian History of England and Wales. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press: 7 Volumes. Print.
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin, Eds. Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1790. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Hitching, F.K and S. Hitching. References to English Surnames in 1601-1602. Walton On Thames: 1910. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0181-3).
- Hinde, Thomas Ed. The Domesday Book England's Heritage Then and Now. Surrey: Colour Library Books, 1995. Print. (ISBN 1-85833-440-3).
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Holt, J.C. Ed. Domesday Studies. Woodbridge: Boydell, 1987. Print. (ISBN 0-85115-477-8).
The Tkach Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Tkach Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 3 February 2016 at 09:56.
on orders of $85 or more